Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought my first fsb when i got it everything was running fine but my friend and i cut off my exhaust put glass packs on it and then put the new pipe coming out in front of my rear tire. it was still running fine but then i went and drove it to the store and came home. i let it sit for a little while then went outside to drive over to my friends shop to put on my kc lights and it idled really ruff like it was bout to run out of gas and then went dead. i put 3 gallons in and tried to crank it up. it would crank but wouldnt start i can hear the fuel pump runnin but it still wont start i know that i am getting spark because i just replaced the distributor cap, rotor, coil, plugs and wires. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated i have alittle bit of mechanical knowledge but i am no certified mechanic please help

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Proper sentence structure on your part would assist me greatly in the future. Theenx. :D

it would crank but wouldnt start i can hear the fuel pump runnin
A running fuel pump doesn't necessarily indicate that the correct fuel pressure is being developed at the fuel rails & injectors. The only way to know is to use a fuel pressure testing gauge.

but it still wont start i know that i am getting spark because i just replaced the distributor cap, rotor, coil, plugs and wires.
Just because you replaced parts doesn't mean a thing. OTHER parts can be bad and prevent ignition; unless you test for spark at each spark plug, you don't KNOW that you have spark at the cylinder, not to mention adequate spark (voltage). I'd recommend that you start there, with diagnosing the ignition system, because without ignition, nothing else happens to make the engine run. Pull out or purchase a Haynes manual for your Bronco, flip to the appropriate section, and follow the procedures outlined there for diagnosis of the problem. We see this all too often: people think they know the problem, but instead of spending an additional five minutes or so diagnosing it, they spend money throwing parts at it. I'd rather see you save your money and get it fixed right. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts