Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace battery cables... did a new battery today and realized some of my cables were pretty corroded, so figure its time for new. Where and what do you all recommend??

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When it gets a bit higher on my priority list I'm gonna get with Fireguy50 and get some 2 gauge battery cables. See them HERE. I have heard nothing but good things about his products.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I make my own from welding cable, and solder & shrink wrap lead-free ends on 'em. :thumbup

If it's just the terminals that are in question, you can often just solder on new ends with a propane torch.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ends are bad, so I was going to upgrade with some high end car audio ends... but then noticed the positive cables are a little brittle... so I would prefer to do it all.

Somedude, I was just on the website looking at Firecrackers stuff, going to send a PM his way.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Another vote for Fireguy50, I bought the cable,cable ends, Military style battery terminal lugs and all. I replaced the battery cables and the starter cable and threw in an extra ground cable from the block to frame for the heck of it... my bronco starts fast and quick now !

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
dont use those car audio ends. a lot of them are advertised and priced as the best out there but alot of them SUCK. these big cables need very large crimps or soldering. a set screw is a bad idea. o and gold, silver, platinum doesn't help.

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,779 Posts
When it gets a bit higher on my priority list I'm gonna get with Fireguy50 and get some 2 gauge battery cables. See them HERE. I have heard nothing but good things about his products.
That's what I used and they've been great. I actually only have the positive cable done as I ordered too short of a negative cable. I ordered 3' or 4' of black and its too short. Get 6' if you want to have room to spare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts