Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have hade a bronco for a year now. it is a 93xlt and i have managed to clear 35's on the stock supention with fender trimming. i now want to go with a 38x15.5 aswell as increasing the rigs flex. i know a guy with a 6 in lift for a 78 bronco and want to know what parts will fit on mine and what else i may need to purchace with the tbb setup.the lift conist of new leaf packs and coils along with misc. drop brackets
please let me know what i can use out of this package an what else i will need to purchace
thank you -spencer-

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
If you wheel hard, you will grenade the TTB with those big wide tires. If you really wanna go bigger and still keep wheeling, plant yourslef in the SAS board. If it's just going to stay on the street, look into a BDS or Skyjacker 6" TTB lift.

Post pics of 35s on stock height, I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Hopper said:
Post pics of 35s on stock height, I'd like to see it.
Yeah. Please do.

I have about 10" of lift and lots of finder trimming and I still rub my 38.5 x 14.50 x 16.5 (which are actually 37.5's in the real world at 15 lbs. with 3/4 tread).

You will gernade that ttb in short order if you plan to run 38's. There's really no way around it.

To answer your question though... a 78/79 Bronco used a real Dana 44, not a ttb 44 so...NO it won't work as a direct swap.

·
Registered
566 Posts
post pics please!!

Yeah that '78-79 have solid front axle and 80+ dont, so I wouldn't bother on that lift man, unles you got the whole suspention from that '78 then it could work :)

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
The only thing you could use from that lift would be the rear spring packs if I'm correct..

We have 11" of lift and 40" boggers.. only time we rub is when we're turning and it'll rub the raduis arms and swaybar.. We do have some fender trimming going on.. everything was done by the PO.

I don't have any complaints about our Skyjacker 8" SL kit. But for the price it cost to buy the kit new, I would just pony up the extra cash and do the SAS kit from fabritech.. (my neighbor just did it to his bronco this weekend) I'll try and get pics.. He's also running 40's with no fender trimming and does not rub.. But we're still bigger. :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Spectre said:
We have 11" of lift and 40" boggers.. only time we rub is when we're turning and it'll rub the raduis arms and swaybar.. We do have some fender trimming going on.. everything was done by the PO.
I have 11+ inches of travel at the shocks with my leaf set up. My tires rub on the fire wall. There's not much more I can trim.:banghead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts