Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got my second(!) Bronco. My first dance with the devil ended in heart break, but I'm giving it another go after spending 6 years wrenching professionally...

but I don't anymore, which is why I'm okay with buying something I know I'll have to work on!

Anyway, I got her in kind of a weird way and she had a lot of stuff done already- some of it seems legit and is really well done, other stuff... well, I've spent most of the last couple days tinkering with minor issues. Which is how I found this forum, and why I'm here now. Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and hopefully I'll see you around and on some trails for my fellow Californians and neighbors!

And... here she is- 351W motor; still working on figuring out what all my "upgrades" are. The tires are 37" Super Swampers that I'm going to be replacing with some km2's (33" or 35"s, haven't decided for sure, but definitely going down and getting rid of the body lift). She's not primered, its liner. It's late and I've been in the sun all day so I can't think of anything else to say about her but I'm always happy to chat, learn, whatever. Anyway, this is Beast.

(And here she is sitting next to my brother's Grand Cherokee)

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,715 Posts
Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Looks like a decent bronco top start a project on, there are tons of things that can be done to one for sure it just depends on how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are lots of things I want to do to her over time. Was originally eyeing the new tires and possibly the ignition upgrade since she's also a daily driver...

but then the water pump promptly exploded while I was on the freeway today, and took the radiator and fan with it. So I guess project #1 is going to be an all new cooling system (hey, might as well do the t stat, hoses, and the reservoir the previous owner broke while I'm in there, right?)

Assuming that one last pesky bolt holding the pump in that wanted to start rounding during removal tonight will come out in the morning :(

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Use some heat to break it loose, you don't want it to break off behind the timing cover. If your going to replace it all I would go with a better upgraded system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely agree. It was kind of a process tracking down all the components I want to replace, but hopefully I'll have a much better cooling system this time next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not for sure. The body lift is 3.5". Not actually positive how tall the suspension lift is, but the truck is a bit over 7' as it stands.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,207 Posts
welcome to the site...nice looking Bronco..:beer:beer

especially digging the thornbirds...:toothless

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll grab a close up when I work on her today- should have most of my new cooling system parts to start putting it back together :D

I don't have any idea how long ago it was done, but for the most part the liner is super clean. There's a little bit of wear showing on the hood and the roof. Not sure how I'll end up taking care of that. But I'll post some more pictures tonight to give you a better idea.

·
FSM Lifetime
680 Posts
Cool, thanks. I've been thinking of doing my truck in it and wanted to see some examples of other trucks with it already done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry dude, I didn't forget you. This project has just turned into a nightmare from hell because of previous owner shade treein. No less than 3 bolts broke off. My suspicion is cross threading/lock tite, in addition to about half the bolts were randoms with the wrong thread pattern.

We had to tear her down all the way to the timing cover and replace just about everything on the way back up, along with spending a *lot* of time tapping holes in the engine block. All in 100 degree California sun.

So I didn't forget you. I'll get some good pics of the liner for you, as well as where it's going bad. Just... not tonight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts