Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
the rear shackle hangars are from SKY

the front hangar is from PMF which i had to modify quite a bit. it would have probably been easier to make the front hangar myself because of the f150 crumple zones.

i wanted to keep it as low as possible so i used excursion springs. i relocated the centering pin .75" to move the axle forward.

follow those links and look around to see if theres anything that catches your interest. if you have any more questions, let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts

the front hangar is from PMF which i had to modify quite a bit. it would have probably been easier to make the front hangar myself because of the f150 crumple zones.

i wanted to keep it as low as possible so i used excursion springs. i relocated the centering pin .75" to move the axle forward.

follow those links and look around to see if theres anything that catches your interest. if you have any more questions, let me know

Did you reverse the springs aswell? And if so, why? i'll probably go with the Full SAS kit SKY offers. Do you think that would be a good idea? Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How did you do the front leaf spring shackles?

I have a 1997 F-350 7.3 donor truck that i want to take the axles and put them onto my 1995 F-150 5.0

The F-150 has the TTB with coil and the F-30 has the leaf springs Dana 60. Would my case be similar to what you're doing?

I understand the leaf springs vary in width, so the brackets you have, would they work with what i have?

The only thing I dont have are the shackle mounts (do not know where to get/how to make)

and shock towers (which i can buy)

Only reason i plan on swapping is to put the 7.3 engine into my F-150

Did you reverse the springs aswell? And if so, why? i'll probably go with the Full SAS kit SKY offers. Do you think that would be a good idea? Sorry for all the questions
No need to apologize, i realized both links from the previous post were for SKY, so here is the PMF link. The biggest differences between SKY & PMF is SKY has a F150 kit & PMF's crossbar can be upgraded to .25 wall.

Didn't reverse the springs, the spring bushings are setup for the larger bolt to be mounted in the front. it was alot easier to redrill the centering bolt hole to get the axle position i wanted.

i'm guessing you have a short bed f150 you want to swap to, have you considered shortening the f350 frame and swapping the f150 bed onto it? f350 frames are stronger & you can install an RSK also.
Just a thought

·
Registered
3 Posts
No need to apologize, i realized both links from the previous post were for SKY, so here is the PMF link. The biggest differences between SKY & PMF is SKY has a F150 kit & PMF's crossbar can be upgraded to .25 wall.

Didn't reverse the springs, the spring bushings are setup for the larger bolt to be mounted in the front. it was alot easier to redrill the centering bolt hole to get the axle position i wanted.

i'm guessing you have a short bed f150 you want to swap to, have you considered shortening the f350 frame and swapping the f150 bed onto it? f350 frames are stronger & you can install an RSK also.
Just a thought
I have a long bed single cab 1995 F-150 ( crumple zone ) I have a Dana 60 and the corresponding rear axle from a 1997 F-350.

The F-350 Frame is beyond shot ( it was a plow truck )
The f-150 Frame is completely refinished and is in amazing condition, I dont see a reason why it can't handle a Dana 60

I'm really going off of what you said and did because it is very similar ( you also respond quickly ).

In your opinion, should I purchase from SKY, both the crossbar and shackle, or go with PMF's Crossbar & Skys shackles
What do you mean by the centering bolt?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have a long bed single cab 1995 F-150 ( crumple zone ) I have a Dana 60 and the corresponding rear axle from a 1997 F-350.

The F-350 Frame is beyond shot ( it was a plow truck )
The f-150 Frame is completely refinished and is in amazing condition, I dont see a reason why it can't handle a Dana 60

I'm really going off of what you said and did because it is very similar ( you also respond quickly ).

In your opinion, should I purchase from SKY, both the crossbar and shackle, or go with PMF's Crossbar & Skys shackles
What do you mean by the centering bolt?
I would go with SKY because of the crumple zone. Unless you plan on using it as a recovery point, the .120 wall crossbar should be OK.

The centering bolt is more or less in the center of the leaf spring. It has a round head that goes into a hole in the spring perch on the axle that centers the axle to the springs which are squared up to the frame by the hangers.

Removing the body mounts where the rear hangers for the front springs go makes it easier to drill the holes for the hangers & keeping the trackbar setup makes the ride more streetable

21 - 25 of 25 Posts