Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf do you all think about this?

The chief of the FCC's enforcement bureau determined that the 'f-word' is not indecent for primetime broadcast television if it is used as an adjective or as an insult. I cannot imagine a ruling that could make a bigger mockery of an organization charged with serving the public interest," said PTC founder and President Brent Bozell in a statement.

This ruling clearly opens the floodgates for general use of the 'f-word' in any TV show or radio program - except in sexual situations," said AFA founder and Chairman Donald E. Wildmon in a statement

"This means it is the position of the FCC that one can use words like 'f-k,' or phrases like 'f-k you' over the public airwaves, in front of millions of children, because they are only an insult or an adjective and do not describe sexual activity," Bozell wrote.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I guess parents will finally just have to do their jobs as parents and actually monitor what the kid is watching.

I'm tired of having everything in society diluted in the name of protecting children.

I don't have kids... don't want them either!

If I ever decided to have kids I'd take the responsibility for protecting them... not the FCC, or anyone else for that matter.

BTW.. does anyone remember when "Saving Private Ryan" aired on ABC durring Prime Time unedited? The "F-Bomb" was dropped about a hundred times in that movie.

I don't remember anyone complaining about it then.

For being the "Land of the Free" we have one of the most restrictive societies in the world.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some things are better left unsaid. I personally agree w/Damager. Sure they will hear it from somewhere, but there are plenty of somewheres out there. We don't need another one. I also agree that the gov't shouldn't dictate what we say and that parents are the sole responsible party. But look at parents today; we have all become complacent in our duty to protect our children and words ARE harmful. The problem with words is association. If we as a society associate a word with something bad or immoral then that word becomes bad. Do you even know where the "f" word came from?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
BamaBronc said:
Some things are better left unsaid. I personally agree w/Damager. Sure they will hear it from somewhere, but there are plenty of somewheres out there. We don't need another one. I also agree that the gov't shouldn't dictate what we say and that parents are the sole responsible party. But look at parents today; we have all become complacent in our duty to protect our children and words ARE harmful. The problem with words is association. If we as a society associate a word with something bad or immoral then that word becomes bad. Do you even know where the "f" word came from?

HEY!! You decided to come out and visit with the rest of the board. :thumbup

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Curse words are really "cursed words" but you know what I gotta say to that?

F*** S*** D*** H*** P*** B**** A*** *** D*** C*** F****** :brownbag

1 - 15 of 15 Posts