Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after a few years of talking and 6 months of not having a vehicle i finally have time to work. got a decent bit done this week. TTB is out, and of course everyone has their TTB pic, so I told my friends I had to

as for the rest of the project, i posted some of the radius arms a while back and hope to have them done by the end of the weekend. i know i shouldn't have had the ttb out until everything was ready, but i was home and couldn't go anywhere. all my stuff is at the shop with the welder. and this project is the first time i've ever really got a chance to MIG at all because we only use TIG on the racecar. and i'm not real good with the TIG on .049 tube, but this 3/16 is a lil easier

as for the overall plans.....D44, 4.56 gears, Detroit, extended arms to new crossmember, F-150 knuckles and brakes, custom trac bar, built steering links with chevy TRE, f-250 shock mounts, swap in the saginaw pump and rebuild/tap the box for future hydro assist

any suggestions, i'm open. i'm sure i'm gonna really screw something up so somebody let me know.

late tonight i'll have the pics of at least one finished arm

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daniel, i'd love to sell them to ya, but only one is good, the other is bent to hell and back, you'll have to see it when u come pick up this axle.....lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's some pics of one of the arms...about 95% done. just needs a little more love with the welder

it took a while but kinda fun with the tig

here's what it looks like with yours truely

and here's the machine that made the metal really hott and stick together

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
so when i buy my solid front...you are gonna come up to Athens for some beer and help me out right? hahaha

RAs look good

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow...post soon, huh? well i'll come up there or u can come down here. we'll do it right

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
if you got a place to keep the bronco for a few weekends, cause i dont think it can be done in one weekend, and i wont be able to drive down every weekend, ill gladly bring it down there

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think we may be able to work something out....unless i get a bike i can't come up all that way much......we can talk when u come and get this giant hunk of metal from my back porch

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
yeah im trying to get my ass down there....but for some reason i keep getting bills in the mail, even though i told them i dont want to recieve them...they just dont understand i need a month off from bills for bronco parts....damn electricty, water, and cable companies.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, understandable.....just makin sure u still want it, i'll hold for indefinatly for ya

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
i want it, but if someone comes up with cash in hand before i do, it wont hurt my feelings if you sold it...just might not bring as much beer to work on my SAS :goodfinge

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Those radius arms look sweet what are you doing for the ends/bushing/heim?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
From what I can see they're only offered with a 5/8" bolt is that strong enough??? I was thinking about 3/4" heim joints on my radius arms but I havent made the purchase yet

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they're actually only 9/16, but i've got plenty of friends who run them with no problems. but if anything does happen one day i'll just bump up to some super joints

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
ToddACimer said:
From what I can see they're only offered with a 5/8" bolt is that strong enough??? I was thinking about 3/4" heim joints on my radius arms but I havent made the purchase yet

Even a 3/4" heim is kinda small once it's in your hand. I run those for trackbar. As a comparison, the cage and Duff arms use a 1" heim, it's way bigger than the 3/4's.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got a little more done today. didn't get the radius arm finished b/c being forced out of the shop. but i got a coil bucket off and started to mock up the other. also did some assembly and actually put the arms on the axle and put it under the truck for mock up. here's a few pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.