Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Stock 1993, 5.0
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, not sure why the turn signal switch assembly for a 93xlt is hard to find as original part F3UZ-13K359-A. I am told B C units may not be the same. Are they improved?
Any experiencescwith aftermarket units? Ask due to concerns that it could cause other issues. This is first year with ABS.
Thanks and greetings from one American in 馃嚦馃嚧

Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
Hi @O'l Black Betty welcome to the FSB family. You're looking for the multi-function switch assembly..they shouldn't be to hard to find and I don't believe there were any changes between the years. From '92 to '96 should all be the same..I purchased an aftermarket unit a few years back from Napa and haven't had any issues.

Registered
Bronco graveyard

Super Moderator
Yo O'l Black Betty,
Multi-Function Switch (MFS) is on "back order" according to Ford and notethat Ford describes it as "Hazard Warning Switch"
Cat Product Font Carnivore Line

Alternate sources
As Burntoutaccountant advised;
at 1992-1997 Ford Bronco and F-Series Truck Turn Signal & Wiper Washer Lever-Broncograveyard.com
Product Font Screenshot Advertising Web page

at 1993 FORD BRONCO 5.0L V8 Electrical-Switch & Relay Parts | RockAuto
Font Line Screenshot Operating system Parallel

Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Replacement (SW5591- F8TZ13K359AB) in a 93 by Kevin @ The dreaded multifunction switch replacement
Kevin wrote"If you own a 1993 Ford anything with the truck and full size car steering column, you've probably had a problem with the windshield wipers not operating in the interval position and inoperative hazards. It didn't rain for about two months after I acquired my Bronco, so I had no idea about this problem. When it did rain, it really rained and I discovered that my wipers didn't always work and I had a sunroof leak. After I fixed the leak, I started looking up Technical Service Bulletins and Special Service Messages for that symptom on the Broncos (working for Ford helps). I found that this was a prominent problem and there was a revised turn signal switch (Ford calls it a multifunction switch), so I picked up a new switch from work and took it home to install..."
Read mote on installation.

Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Failure Causes; "...Mechanical components wear out or electrical connections are faulty; If the switch assembly is not operating properly, turn signals, hazard warning lamps, windshield wipers/washers and the headlamp beam selection may not operate properly. Related Components to Check; The switch itself, the electrical connections to the switch and the connections to each of the affected components (items such as turn signals, wipers, etc.)..."by Ford Motorcraft庐

Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Cleaning; "Just hit hazard switch in and out for about a minture, which cleans the MFS contacts and presto" by BANNED MEMBER Steve83
Multi-Function Switch (MFS) Cleaning "...Wipe with a rag, hit with contact cleaner and an old toothbrush to clean. Regrease with dielectric grease..." by dave

Registered
Stock 1993, 5.0
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I did not think it would be a big deal. I was quoted a "Standard" branded aftermarket part here localy. Guess we will go with that. My Son says it only has seratic issues when on some of the intermitent settings... could it be taken apart and cleaned up or not worth the hassle?

Registered
Stock 1993, 5.0
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kind of fumbling arround on this platform and just now read all the posts:) Thanks again to you all for time, effort and wisdom:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts