Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This will be my SAS thread for my 1994 F150.
How she will start: 6inch TTB lift with 35x12.50 tires.

She will end on 38x15.50's with 12 inch's of lift.

Axle arrival.
D44!!!!!!!

Brand New Brake Pads!

Straight tie rod!!!!

Unloded her and cleaned her up some. How i unloaded it my self i do not know LOL.

This is what you get after working all morning and having the axle end up cleaner than myself LOL.

The calipers will be painted blue and i will paint them when i take the rotors off. Im taking the nasty dust shields off too. Deff does not look like the same axle.

Before that i got my calipers off.

Time for Remans or Tbirds

-Curtis-

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
if you are going to stick with the 5 lug parts, which i dont think you should do...... then do the tbird caliper swap, with brake booster and master cyl swap from same year f350. have you decided what gears you are going to run?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
12" is alot of lift for a trail rig, if thats your intended purpose. The truck looks REALLY squeeky clean, so I'm assuming it's gonna be a looker, it already is a good one :thumbup. I have about 9" of lift and 37s on mine, and it feels pretty tipsy sometimes, so 12" of lift would be scary to me.

So what are the specs gonna be? Keeping the 8.8? Gears? Lockers? Fill us in :beer

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is mainly a looker i wont deny it. It sees mud every now and then but not much when it does. I just cant beat up a truck in great shape like mine nor afford it.

D44: 4.88 or 5.13(still unsure) probably leave it open.
8.8: 4.88 or 5.13(stil unsure) May add an LSD.

9" Skyjacker Coils 3inch bucket drop. Sky Shackle Flip in the rear and zero rate plus the add a leaf and block in there now. I will only be regearing when i can afford to add 38x15.50's and gears at the same time.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3.50 open. According to the tag.......

-Curtis-

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It is mainly a looker i wont deny it. It sees mud every now and then but not much when it does. I just cant beat up a truck in great shape like mine nor afford it.

D44: 4.88 or 5.13(still unsure) probably leave it open.
8.8: 4.88 or 5.13(stil unsure) May add an LSD.

9" Skyjacker Coils 3inch bucket drop. Sky Shackle Flip in the rear and zero rate plus the add a leaf and block in there now. I will only be regearing when i can afford to add 38x15.50's and gears at the same time.
I don't blame you. A clean jacked up truck looks good ridin around town. Wish I had one just to drive on weekends.

But thats a really good looking truck, I wish I had been intelligent enough to just get some body-work and a paint job on mine before I thrashed it. Then I would have a good-looking tow rig without a monthly payment. But I wasn't, and still ain't :toothless

What are you gonna do with the radius arms? Stock or going with Cage or other custom job?

·
Registered
231 Posts
12" is alot of lift for a trail rig, if thats your intended purpose. The truck looks REALLY squeeky clean, so I'm assuming it's gonna be a looker, it already is a good one :thumbup. I have about 9" of lift and 37s on mine, and it feels pretty tipsy sometimes, so 12" of lift would be scary to me.
I don't get this. Jrod66 had 15" lift on his trail rig? I'll have about the same on mine? I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't get this. Jrod66 had 15" lift on his trail rig? I'll have about the same on mine? I don't get it.
I guess I should have phrased it differently. It seems like alot to me. Especially for 38" tires. I could see it for 44s+.

Where I wheel is a bunch of off-camber climbs and stuff like that, so my 9"s of lift feels like the COG is too high sometimes. I had rather go small on the lift and big on the sawzall blades to make room for tires. Just my take on it. Wasn't trying to bash his idea or anything, just making conversation. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
i have 8" of lift and could easily clear 38's....

my suggestion... buy the 9 inch coils and ONLY drop the buckets AFTER you see the finished product.. Then you can decide whether or not u need more lift

dc

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll be running 9" coils and dropped buckets in the front w/ 6" springs, 4.5" shackle flip, and probably a 4" raised spring mount.

I'm also going to be running 47s or 49s(haven't decided yet)

·
Registered
82 Posts
The superlift 9" coils are pretty stiff you wont notice much body roll in corners at least i dont. I have about 12-13 inches of lift and can easily clear 38.5s but im hoping to tuck 39.5s under it. You havent mentioned a body lift and i dont know what your thoughts are on them but thats always an option too instead of dropping the buckets. If your rebuilding the axle before you install it be sure to get a yoke from a TTB D44 to put on it for your front d-shaft. Good luck with the swap!

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Nothing wrong with a huge truck!

I'm actually going to be doing the same thing.. 9" skyjacker springs, and I'll do the bucket spacer so all in all I will get 12" of Suspension lift.. Already have a 3" body lift. Since I already have 40" tires I'm going up to 44's. woot.. Wish the tax return season would hurry up and get here.. I wanna get this project on the road..

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
i sent him a link to update this... hes a slacker.

SAS was put on hold... had to fork the money out to get his tranny in working order. M5OD clutch went out and he actually listened and swapped in a ZF.

SAS should take place this summer.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i'm confused summer's over. my 2 cents: having the 8 lug brakes are really gunna help with that kinda tire size on the street. and certainly make it a lot safer for those driving around you. just soemthig to think about

·
0 Posts
Next time, remove the outers and shafts and rotors to lighten up the axle. This helps greatly in maneuvering it under the truck while trying to install it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As Ditch Baby said, the SAS was put on hold due to having to fork out 2400 for a ZF swap. Right now i have D44, 9inch Skyjacker Coils, 9inch Rancho shocks, radius arm extensions, coil buckets, radius arms and mounts all sitting in my shed. I still need to order my new calipers, c bushings, and radius arm bushings. The steering will all be done by Farmboy Fabrications as well as the swap. As soon as i get an extra 1000 dollars this project will be done. It will not have the 38's until i can afford to do tires and gears, just 12inch's of lift and 35's. I wish it could get done, but i do not have an extra dime to spend now. Im hoping i can maybe get it done after christmas.

-Curtis-

1 - 20 of 420 Posts