Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to finally bite the bullet and buy a new rig..

1994 Bronco XLT - 351W and E40D with 140,000 Miles

Plans:

D60 with 5.13 Gears
10.25 with 5.13 Gears and Detroit
10" of lift
Custom Rear bumper
Custom Winch bumper
And fixing everything thats wrong with it.

Might Repaint it, don't know yet. It's fading but no rust at all.. Except for a few little scratches and a dent in the roof.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got started on the interior a few weeks ago.

Started with this.

FRONT:

REAR:

I originally decided to rhino line the floor and everything. Once it was on there I decided I didn't like how it looked. It was kind of miss colored and the pattern sucked. It was smooth it spots and ruff in others.

So I decided I would put some sound proofing in. I actually didn't buy enough, so I gotta get more. Thought 150 Sq. Feet would have been enough.. I was wrong! Oh well.

I picked up some rubber flooring to cover it all up. The front had a hole in it so I have to wait for a new section to come. but I got the rear put back together, and came out good. The Drak Gray and Black look good together.

I have the seats in, but for some reason I never took pictures of that. I'll add them in later on.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Started Stripping the old 85 Bronco.

85 with no rear axle.

Ripped the 94 apart also over memorial day weekend, man it's nice to work on a truck not all covered in mud and dirty

Bronco sitting at ride height. I need to go get my 38s to see how she's really going to look. but it seems to sit higher then the 85. But it's the same suspension. Oh well probably just because I'm used to it being stock.

And Ride height of 19" That doesn't seem right but thats half of a 38...

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well put the swampers on tonight to look at it. Tires are way far forward, I'm going to have to trim the fenders. I don't really want to though. Maybe I'll get a set of bushwacker Fender Flares or somthing.

Also the shackle is angled forward, it should be straight up and down. I think so I'm going to have to flip the shackle around and it will level it out.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to installing my Zero rates. They're super easy to install. Only took about an hour and a half.

Zero Rates installed:

New Tire location: About 1.5" back.

Also moved my shackle bracket back. 2.5".

Yes, I know the ubolts are short. I'm going to wait till I get the front lifted to buy new bolts. If I have to lift the rear a bit, I don't want to have to buy them twice..

Thats all for now. i might have to cut the fenders, I'm hoping not. I really don't want to cut the rust free panels. Might but some bushwacker cut out flares, but probably not.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice rig. It's funny to as I just got a new one as well. Although I sold my red and white 85 about 4 years ago, I picked up a 92 last Friday. I sure am glad my account is still here, cause it's good to be back. This time I am not going anywhere.

Good luck on your new rig.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,857 Posts
what rear axle is that? does it have the sensor on top so the tranny doesnt flip out?

also where did you get the rubber floor? i am wanting to go that route also on mine.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya it's 10.25 it's got the sensor on the top..

I'm dumping the 85 because I'm tired of all it's issues, it will be nice to have an Year round legal wheeler too. the85 ran like a champ 90% of the time, but it was always seeming to have an issue now and then. Always took for ever to fix. Just got tired of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice!

I wish mine had a gray interior. Gotta be better than tan.

One question? What are you using for front springs? and what arms/links are you using?

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm using 4" superflex coils up front and James Duff Radius arms.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decided to put the hitch on and redo the mounts on the bumper. Well got the hitch mounted up, drill holes is always a blast. Then turned out I only had 1 cut off wheel. So I went and decided to look to see if I had a tranny cooler(Never looked before)

Turns out I do and a couple of other things I found out. Always nice to have good suprises.

First. What are these?

Black box on left and right side of the front both go to the lights.. HID Headlights?

Factory oil cooler or after market cooler? Never seen anything like this before.

And to the good stuff about the transmission.
Oil cooler, not sure if it's factory or not. Bronco does have the Full Tow package though.

Fluid Filter, probably aftermarket.

And Looks like the transmission was replaced. Anyway to tell what if anything was done to it by the numbers?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Awesome progress and work man!

·
Registered
163 Posts
First. What are these?

Black box on left and right side of the front both go to the lights.. HID Headlights?
Does the Bronco have airbags? Those look like the sensors used to set those off.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bronco does have air bags. Never thought of the airbag before.. Might have to take those out.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts