Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my father and I are restoring a '94 Bronco XL frame up for my first truck. We are using a '94 lifted F-150, 351 5.8 as our parts truck.
We will being using the Bronco as our main truck and taking parts from the F-150. We are taking the interior, the engine, the suspension/steering components, and the front and rear end from the F-150.

I posted this a little late, we started working in about July and just decided to make a thread. We've had very little time to work on it, so not much progress has been made in the amount of time we've had.

This is the Bronco when we first bought it, nothing special, just an XL 302 5.0L, 5 speed manual.

Here's the F-150 we bought for parts. It's a 351 5.8L, XLT, running 35 X 12.50 X R15, with a 6" superlift. Truck has a decent grey interior which we will use, and the suspension and steering components we will use, which are in great shape.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We started by getting the bronco down to the frame

We built a shed to work in, and we have the body hanging from the ceiling

Got the frame pulled out and ready for work

Pulled the engine out with the engine hoise we built to attach to a three point hitch.

After sandblasting and some paint we got the frame all painted

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next we got the F-150 disassembled

Got the 351 all pulled out and ready for work

We painted all the suspension/steering parts using a rope tied one end to the tractor and the other end to a telephone pole.

A few coats later and the parts are ready to be put back on.

The painted rear axle with the blue dif. cover.

This is how it currently sits, mounted some of the lift kit brackets and will be putting the front end on soon.

·
Registered
459 Posts
nice. I'm definitely subscribing to this one!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice work.But you should ditch the cheesy drop down brackets for the radius arms and get some good stout longer (usually 15" longer) radius arms.And use stock radius arm brackets or heim style mounts.The stock arms are very limiting on droop travel. And while your at it you can weld up the crossmember thats under the motor.So as to not just rely on the factory rivets.Also I see you must have the super runner steering with the passenger side idler arm.I found that the bolt running through that bracket shouldnt be tightened down to much or it will bind on the poly bushing and be real hard to move.So I welded a small square piece of metal on top by the bolt hole (with the bolt in the bracket for proper placement)So the bolt cant spin in its bore and wear the bolt hole out.Just a few suggestions for ya. Keep up the good work man. :)

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Wow looks like a ton of work and great fun, can't wait to see how it turns out Brother.....:rockon

I don't see any Bronco radius arms or painted parts in any of the pictures though the picture of the painted frame looks like you did cut/grind off the the back radius arm brackets "riveted" to the frame.....?

If not definately do it while it's all exposed, I'm contemplating doing that on my 86 using grade bolts replacing the rivets rather then have to dismantle the enitre front end just to change a few bushings....:rofl:

Keep the pics coming ~ :thumbup

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,515 Posts
You all have done a great job. Looks like a fun project.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
How and what did you use to remove the rivets and degree of difficulty....?

Thanks ~ :thumbup

1 - 20 of 650 Posts