Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Where to begin on this one...

Alright, I've owned my 94 bronco XLT for about 3 years now with 133,000 miles on it.
In the last 2 months I've been having many problems.
I recently had the slave cylinder replaced after it was bleeding out and froze the pedal to the floor.

After that replacement. My bronco would rough idle been 1000 and 2000 rpm.
Now, my check engine light blinks like a christmas light and rough idles and dies out. I've attempted many times to pull codes, the scanner kicks no codes out. I replaced the IAC and ran fine for 3 days. no problems.
Now I'm back in the same boat with the rough idle and dying out. also while driving long distances (50 miles +). the bronco seems to re-program the idle to 2000 rpm and runs fine. When I turn it off, and come out and start it, back in the same problems of rough idles. I've attempted to keep my foot on the gas, and it just seems to act like it's missing. RPMs bounce around and settle out and when I take off the gas, it idles and the AMP gauge slowly falls out of normal and dies.

Any suggestions? The only things I could think of were TPS, fuel filter, or potential head gasket leak?
(Fuel pump was replaced 6 months ago w/ O.E.M. ford part)

I've been smashing my face off the screen looking through these threads in a attempt to figure out this problem.. :banghead
Any help it welcome!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Checked for vaccum leaks? Do you have new rubber hoses?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my 90' XLT 5.8. I replaced the IAC today, and that calmed everything back down, but still jumps from 600 to 1000 constantly. I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Ok. Where to begin on this one...

Alright, I've owned my 94 bronco XLT for about 3 years now with 133,000 miles on it.
In the last 2 months I've been having many problems.
I recently had the slave cylinder replaced after it was bleeding out and froze the pedal to the floor.

After that replacement. My bronco would rough idle been 1000 and 2000 rpm.
My check engine light blinks like a christmas light and rough idles and dies. I've attempted many times to pull codes, but the scanner kicks no codes. RPMs bounce around and settle out and when I take off the gas, it idles and the AMP gauge slowly falls out of normal and dies.

Is your battery good? Battery cables good? Are all of your pigtails plugged in? Did you double check the work around your Slave cylinder replacement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts