Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
One thing I am confused on, does the black CCM module that is dizzy mounted have the same three prongs that fit up into the dizzy as the gray push start one does? I looked up the part numbers Sig provides and they show the TFI module to be black with no three connector spades. Fireguy posted and it looks like you can get both the the push start and the CCM in either a dizzy mounted version that has the 3 spades or the remote version that does not. Can someone please clarify for me. Thanks. I am just trying to figure out which version this WAY1 computer I have needs. Trying to rewire before putting EFI harness back in and having to tear it apart again once I crank it up and get code 212.

·
Registered
251 Posts
On the Grey TFI module, I tore into my harness to do the rewire for use with the Black module. I found that wrapped in a black sheath with 22 Ohm stamped on the outside, two wires, both Brown/Yellow on one side, one goes to the TFI plug, the other goes to ground at the Coil. On the other side, I had a Brown/Yellow and a White/Red (dashed), which I figure one goes to pin 4 on the EEC, the other to the Tach. I had a hard time tearing into that shealth cover, but inside, it looks to me like there is a resitor on each line, one on to the EEC wire and the other on the tach wire. Fireguy's diagram does not show a resistor on the tach wire. I printed out my schematic from Alldata and sure enough, a 1990 shows the wire coming off the TFI plug, and a restor on the EEC line and the tach line as well. Since the Black TFI module I will be using does the resistance internally, I know that I do not need the resistor for the wire going to the EEC. Question is, do I need to leave the resistor in place going to the tach?

·
Registered
251 Posts
By the time I got the sheath of the resistor setup, and I am looking at the exact same one you show, I had torn the wires apart. Screw up on my part. Look below to see what I was referring to. My TFI is distributor mount. I have two tan/yellow wires, one goes to the tfi plug, the other to the negative of the coil, then on the other side of the 22k ohm split, I have a yellow tan wire going to the ECU, and a white/red dash wire going to a difference plug, but I presume it goes to the instrument cluster (tach).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.