Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all,

lookin for some help replacing my seats in my 94. I’ve taken the seat apart and I’ve removed the top half of the seat from the bottom half but the lumbar cord is still attached.

There aren’t any videos or posts on how to do this so have any of you done this project? Most importantly, how do I take the arm rest off and put it back on?

Also, I bought the seat replacement kit from LMC. Do I even need this? My foam looks to be in good condition, though could I just reinforce the foam to make the seat comfier? What’s the point of the repair kit?

I could really use a guide if one exists..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While waiting for a reply I figured out how to take off the arm rest. Theres a torx bolt inside the rear of the arm rest. I just had to move more foam out of the way.

Now that I’ve done that I stripped this weird small torx screw that isn’t coming out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved my own problem. Used vice grips to get this bolt off after it stripped.

The lumbar support for the upper half has tabs that can be pinched off by using your fingers. Be careful not to rip the plastic holder like I did. I plan to put the lumbar back in.

Next, the bottom half which should be easier.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sounds like you have the hard part done. I re-upholstered the seats in my 87 mustang last year. It went pretty easy. You can see a video tutorial on American Muscle or CJ Pony Parts websites to give you an idea on how to do it if you aren't sure.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Great job

keep up the pictures and any input... I bet there at least 75% of us needing to do this.... and paying an upholster $1,500 doesn't seem feasible when the entire vehicle only costs 5 or 6.

·
Registered
199 Posts
While waiting for a reply I figured out how to take off the arm rest. Theres a torx bolt inside the rear of the arm rest. I just had to move more foam out of the way.

Now that I’ve done that I stripped this weird small torx screw that isn’t coming out.

Thats the adjuster for the arm rest position and it does need to come out as you well know. Good luck

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think that foam is pretty cheap. I had a shop redo all of mine, they got the original opal gray somewhere. That seat has 25 years of someone else’s a$$ on it so why not replace it? Just sayin’...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what the quality is, but I've seen EB replacement covers from Richmond Leather and US Auto Seat Cover.
Also, silly as it sounds, I've heard to put the plastic bag that the covers came in over the foam then slide the new cover down over it. Once the new cover is on, pull the plastic out; you'll get most if not all, but a little left behind won't hurt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Found the video I'd watched...
Seats are around 5:15 then again at 7:15

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found the video I'd watched...
Seats are around 5:15 then again at 7:15
@taylorhorse
Thank you for the video, I used that to get the seat on a lot easier.

All,
I managed to finish the passenger seat.

I disconnected the lumbar tube by pulling on the cord that was connected to the switch that goes to the pump. The rest came easy. I took off the rail by unscrewing the bolts on each of the four corners. The trickiest part was the armrest. I had to use vice grips to slowly turn the screw that was stripped. For that screw, use a small torx head but don’t force it.

I wound up removing the screw and used a bent paper clip to hold the small metal bracket that held it on place. I hope it works. Then I moved to the upper chair. Pulling the leather is almost a two man job just to easily remove it.

I had to cut this part with a box cutter to make it around the metal frame.

I rolled this onto the cushion, not hard. I made sure the inside Velcro of the seat held the Velcro to the leather.

After that reassembly was simple. The rails were annoying but manageable. I reassembled the top half but forgot I needed to attach the bottom black snaps of the top half of which is what is needed to secure the leather to the chair.

Here is a picture of the trash bag method that helped me get the new leather on.
After I reassembled the top half I bolted it to the bottom half. And then I was done!

·
Super Moderator
9,663 Posts
You can get those creases out with a steamer. Good job figuring it all out. Getting the top seat cover back on is a pain. If you replace the foam its about twice as difficult to get on since the foam is much fluffier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts