Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does said fuel tank use same sending unit/fuel pump/EMS hole as my '94 Bronco's sending unit/fuel pump?

Not counting mounting the fuel tank and filler neck location; is it a simple swap/plug and play-functionally?

Said front fuel tank:
Rectangle Watercraft Automotive exterior Font Auto part

'94 Bronco fuel tank kit:
Gas Gadget Auto part Machine Metal

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The FPM is unlikely to sit deep enough in the tank to reach the bottom. I have a FPM from a 94 F-150 and it is several inches shorter than the 33 gallon Bronco version. I would have had to put the pump on some extension to make it work. Also the angle of the sender was such that my extension would have had to have a bend in it to locate the pump in the tank well. The stock FPM is already a snug fit in the 3 5/8" hole so I was doubtful an extension was going to make fitment any easier. The fuel level sender had the same challenges too.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,340 Posts
Yes the hole is the same. But as noted above, the whole assembly is built for each specific tank: depth and angle and whatnot.

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The FPM is unlikely to sit deep enough in the tank to reach the bottom. I have a FPM from a 94 F-150 and it is several inches shorter than the 33 gallon Bronco version. I would have had to put the pump on some extension to make it work. Also the angle of the sender was such that my extension would have had to have a bend in it to locate the pump in the tank well. The stock FPM is already a snug fit in the 3 5/8" hole so I was doubtful an extension was going to make fitment any easier. The fuel level sender had the same challenges too.
Yes the hole is the same. But as noted above, the whole assembly is built for each specific tank: depth and angle and whatnot.
Good points.

Can I simply use the sending unit/fuel pump/vent port from the front fuel tank, then?

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Man of endless projects
10,547 Posts
my understanding is the front take uses the same pump as bronco but with different sending unit. the rear tank uses a different pump. all 3 use different sending units. i could be wrong

JBG has the sending units

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
570 Posts
If you already have the parts, its worth a shot. Most likely a shallower float arm set up will show empty when there is a few more gallons of fuel still in there. The fuel pickup has to go almost to the bottom of the tank though.

I know my '88 tank has three lines (ports) and they are flat to the top of the tank as they would hit the sheet metal floor if they pointed up. I don't what a '94 bronco tank has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts