Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 F150 4x4 4.9l
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FSB, I'm new here. Love Bronco's but never owned one myself. Grew up in a Ford family and my dad had a beat down bronco II that we would taking mudding. Family has owned and lot of F150's over the years. This is my new to me truck, its my fourth F150 and my 3rd OBS F150. I've been using the FSB forum because I find that ya'll have better info on these trucks then most of the F150 forums. Like I said this is my 3rd 92-96 F150. I bought it to build as my hunting/fishing rig. I spent a long time looking all over the southeast for this setup. I wanted pretty much the same truck I had back in high school. The truck had to check the following boxes: 92-96 F150, 4x4, 4.9l 300 inline 6, single cab short bed, rubber gut (vinyl seat/floor), preferably with a 5 speed, not red (just don't like red trucks) and NO RUST. Things that didn't matter as much to me where the paint, interior and miles because they are all livable/fixable for the most part. And remember the plan was to use this truck in the woods so scratches/dents don't bother me. It took me 6 months of Craigslist and Autotrader searching to find this "diamond in the rough". I found this guy in the middle of nowhere GA. It checked all the boxes, 2 owner 145k miles and it was my 2nd favorite F150 color Black, first favorite is the dark green. It came with a rough country 6in lift, 35x13.5's and a spare (blown) 8.8 axle and lots of scratches/dents. Really the only weak point as she sat were the 3.08 open diffs. It had "good bones" even though the lift, 35's and high gears make her a slow pig. Probably paid to much for it but it is almost exactly what I was looking for. I had to source a set of factory wheels/tires to fit this baby on the uhaul. It was "fun" to load it in the rain in the slick GA clay with little bald tires. Plus it looked pretty funny going down the road 12hrs back to central FL. I've already done a lot of work and I have a lot more to go. I plan to start a build post so more to come soon. Here are the photos of me bringing it home in Nov. 2019

She just fits on the trailer, 35's in the bed of the tundra, spare 8.8 hanging out the back of the F150

Back home with the 35's back on. She runs great.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,684 Posts
Yo marshdaddy,
WELCOME to our site where quite a few F series owners hang out and that's a great story line on your seatch!

Here's some info for you;
Find out if speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by a dealership. Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96

For any questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your 94's info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and many more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ...

➡ Try to find time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes! They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,118 Posts
Welcome. I had a 95 F150 4x2 with the 4.9 inline. I drove that truck all over creation and it almost made it to 200k when it started having issues. Saw the guy who I sold it to a year later, still running after he cut off the cat. Probably still going.

·
Registered
94 F150 4x4 4.9l
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the 4.9l is one of the best engines ford ever made. It is a very reliable utilitarian motor that is simple to work on which is why I wanted it in my hunting rig. It may not make tons of power but starts everytime and it's got torque for days. My first F150 was a 95 XLT 4x2 extended cab with the 4.9l that had nearly 200k miles when I traded it. I still see it around town 15 years later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts