Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this isnt on my bronco but close

I searched but never found anything helpful

I was driving home in 4-lo (long story, shift fork broke, lost 1-2 gear)
and my front end popped when i went up into my driveway, losing my 4x4, and replaced with a clunking. Checked it out, i broke my slip shaft and bent my u-joint on the D-44 frontend. the passenger side and the black grommet is ok, but yea.

How much would the parts cost and is this something i could easily change with a buddy of mine?

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
You mean the driveshaft or axle shaft? I dont have a TTB, but I dont remember there being a slip joint last time I was in one. If its the driveshaft, piece of cake. If its an axle shaft, you gotta tear apart at very least a hub.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
axle shaft, sir.and i kind of figured but i didnt know if it would somehow magically fit without removing anything since i gotta replace the ujoint 2

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
What you described breaking is a classic weak point in the TTB. Consider swapping in a D50 slip shaft. Or, you could just get a new stock slipshaft and replace the u-joint.

My advice, while you have it that far torn down, go ahead and replace anything that you can.

Check this thread for teardown instructions and possible parts to replace: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113559

And this thread for the D50 slipshaft upgrade: http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13107&highlight=d50+slip+shaft

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm. actually is there like a quick cheap fix or anything like that? im looking to get rid of it so i have another bronco :cool: but yea. i wonder if i welded the slip shaft back together?
haha thanks

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
hmm. actually is there like a quick cheap fix or anything like that? im looking to get rid of it so i have another bronco :cool: but yea. i wonder if i welded the slip shaft back together?
haha thanks
No. You disassemble it, and fix it. What are you going to weld if you broke the shaft and bent the u joint? Do you have any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here you go

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
No easy fix for that. gotta replace the shaft.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright
Thanks for the information and such guys,appreciate it!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Or just not sell it and do a sas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts