Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guyies long time no post. that black piece of shit cought fire :banghead and its finished. I bought a stock 94 eddie bower (i cant spell) its stock as f*ck for now. It has 189000 miles all orignal. its gettin 6 inch susp. 3 doby and 38/15.50R15's im towrn between 2 gears 4.56 and 4.88 i donno what do you guies think? ill put picks of the new truck in a day or 2.:rebelflag

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Solid axle swap instead??

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
you cant run 38s on the ttb 44 or the rear 8.8, that shit is too small and you will make thiungs go boom, the biggest i would run on TTB is 35s, maybe 36s. in all honestly i am going to have to go with everyone else, if you are going that big go sas

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
you cant run 38s on the ttb 44 or the rear 8.8, that shit is too small and you will make thiungs go boom, the biggest i would run on TTB is 35s, maybe 36s. in all honestly i am going to have to go with everyone else, if you are going that big go sas
After blowing up a D44 and an 8.8 with 33's I'm afraid to go bigger.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,251 Posts
I'd say 4.88's, my 4.56s seem a bit week with my 39.5's

·
I ♥ TTB
4,251 Posts
Or you could waste money like me and just wheel it till it breaks... Hence the 14-bolt rear.... I heart TTB, its holdin up for now (I give 2 good wheelin trips before it dies) Just my thoughts though...

·
Registered
643 Posts
i laugh when people bash the ttb,for me it was a very capable frontend for awhile.

i ran ttb d44 with 4.56 mini spool and 36 iroks. for 6 months that way NEVER broke a thing or heard a sound from it.Of Course its all in the drivers driving tho..........

i would run 38's on a ttb but not locked,and id check my wheel bearings every few weeks.....

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Doesn't Blaze have a setup like this?? 8" Skyjacker lift with 38's??? And he wheeled it a lot... now that he's got the SAS done on his #2 rig, I don't know that he wheels The Beast anymore...

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
He doesn't wheel the beast at all anymore AFAIK. 38s (especially such wide ones) on a ttb and an 8.8 isn't going to last very long on anything more than the street.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
broncoman92 said:
He doesn't wheel the beast at all anymore AFAIK. 38s (especially such wide ones) on a ttb and an 8.8 isn't going to last very long on anything more than the street.
I agree. 35's yea, 36's maybe, but it's just going all the farther out on a limb. When folks talk SAS though, that would also mean 1Ton SAS not a solid 44, for meats bigger than 38's, IMO.

Hey Mudman4x4, glad to see you brought back that avatar, always loved the facials she had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts