Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right good to know someone missed me! or atleast my avatar! :thumbup

Any way.... i had the same thought about doin a SAS last night at 3 a.m. when i coundn't sleep. O and FYI it might be a Eddie Bougher (or however the f*ck you spell it) but she ain't no road queen!:rebelflag

O.k new ? or 2 or...... i have never looked into a SAS. what about a F-250 HD running gear? and if i go SAS what front end and what rear end? My buddy had a 78' on 40's stock runnin gear and had know problem. Should i run a 9" or go bigger? i live in tampa florida where could i get a swap done at and how mucho?:scratchhe. WOW so many ?

O.k that is my though prosesis(o ya and if you cant tell by know i cant spell for sh*t) scatter brained ha?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
D44's are popular, D60's if you're going BIG (does BB94 have D60's?)

They say don't mess with the 9", you're better off staying with an 8.8"

Edit: Not 8"...I guess my 8. didn't get put in. Sorry it was late :)

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
ure going to need 1 tons, u will blow up the 8.8

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
are you serious?

search...there is a whole forum on SAS on here..if you want to run bigger than36's id say d60 front axel. you may be ok with a d44 i dont know how hard you wheel.. 9inch isnt your primary choice b/c it doesnt have the vss your truck has. look for a 92+ f250/350 and get the 10.25 axel outta the back...

d60 front is gonna limit you to leafs. unless you want to do alot of fabrication

now go search

dC

·
Registered
952 Posts
every night i am up till late thinking about what i want to do to my bronc. my plans are to do a SAS this summer with a D44 up front. I am going to do gears soon and run 38's and put a locker in the rear 8.8. that setup will prob break by summer so i plan to swap a D44 in the front and maybe a 9" in the rear(maybe a 14 bolt, just depends what lug pattern i decide on). Merry X-Mas!

Tom

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i was going to install 35" or 37" but got a great deal on a set of 40"X 17" mounted and ready to roll. so the 40" went on and no issues so far. regearing the d$$ next month to match the rear 4:56. ...mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts