Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done several searches on here, I've looked in my Haynes manual, and in my owner's manual which turned out to be for a 96 and not a 94. I cannot find any info on the smaller box next to the power distribution box. It has one diode and 4 relays in it. What do they go to? Another question: whats a good way to test the diode at slot 12 in the power distribution box and the #1 relay? Sorry noob shade tree mechanic here.

·
Super Moderator
25,815 Posts
yo,
That is da "Trailer Relay Box"
Here is the Location pic in 92-96; to the right side (when standing next to driver's side front wheel) of the Power Distribution Box,
whose cover is open;
miesk5 note, squeeze both sets of tabs together & lift cover off; only 1 Bosch style relay is in there
Source: by Froggmann (Ken P) at http://www.froggmann.com/Images/ABSCut.jpg

&
Trailer & Camper Wiring Diagrams for 94 & 96 Bronco & Trucks
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

---
Here is da 4-wheel anti-lock brake system (4WABS System) Wiring Diagram in 93-96
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

In the Box, you'll see a diode with the 4WABS main relay & 4WABS Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) Pump Motor Relay.
---
========
Another question: whats a good way to test the diode at slot 12 in the power distribution box and the #1 relay?
will bbl, I can't get my Comcast connection to speed-up

·
Super Moderator
25,815 Posts
yo
yw, and thanks to Steve and Ken for posting-up that info.

I didn't finish answering your 2nd Q; and I couldn't find a 94 PDB diagram here or on the net
But Bronco Rob posted his 93 diagram w/Legend

The relays are Bosch style and can be swapped to test their operation; next would be the ckt; I guess the 4wabs diagram was what you needed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts