Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new stock voltage meter for a 1994. Anyone know where I can find one. I not new a good working used one. I was told Ford made this voltage meter only for the 94 & 95 models.

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
246 Posts
They don’t make them any more… junk yard.
Hey Slim do you happen to know if the VM from a non-tach cluster will replace the VM in a tach cluster? I swapped a tach cluster in to my 92 and the VM slowly climbs to the pin after startup. It didn't do that with the old cluster, and I verified that the system voltage is holding steady at 14.1V.

Obviously I'd have to separate the meter from the gauge face. Thanks in advance for any insight you might have.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Hey Slim do you happen to know if the VM from a non-tach cluster will replace the VM in a tach cluster? I swapped a tach cluster in to my 92 and the VM slowly climbs to the pin after startup. It didn't do that with the old cluster, and I verified that the system voltage is holding steady at 14.1V.

Obviously I'd have to separate the meter from the gauge face. Thanks in advance for any insight you might have.
I don’t know… I don’t remember what the inside of the 1992-1995 instrument cluster looks like.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,537 Posts

Check to see whether the gauge face is interfering with the needle. The adhesive on these old clusters will wear out over time..Had to replace the PSOM in mine and in the process of reinstalling I noticed some of the gauges weren't working...turned out the face has slipped causing it to come into contact with the needle..a little super glue corrected the problem.

·
Registered
87XLT 5.0 C6
246 Posts
Check to see whether the gauge face is interfering with the needle. The adhesive on these old clusters will wear out over time..Had to replace the PSOM in mine and in the process of reinstalling I noticed some of the gauges weren't working...turned out the face has slipped causing it to come into contact with the needle..a little super glue corrected the problem.
I'll check that out, thanks. I'm a little skeptical though, my VM will read at the bottom of the scale after I fire it up, then over a minute or two climb to the top of the scale (18V, I think). A standalone volt meter plugged into the powerpoint starts out at about 13.9V right after startup, then goes to 14.1 or 14.2 within a minute or so. Rock solid after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts