Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Doing a big ol' cleanup under the hood of my '95 5.0, taking the engine out, servicing the tranny, all that fun stuff.

Been missing an A/C Compressor/clutch since I bought it-still has the condenser and lines. Any recs on pulling a compressor off another Ford, or should I just buy a new one? If used, any idea of the date ranges that match up off of other Fords would be much appreciated. Tried to do some digging but found contradictory info.

Thanks for any pointers.

FlatFoot

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,611 Posts
Depending on your wallet.....I would replace the whole system. If the compressor has been out a while there is not telling what has been introduced to your A/C components that are left.

You have to ask yourself this too...Why did the previous owner take the compressor off? Most likely it had been chewed up inside, and if it had been, all of that debris was sent through the components you have left.

If there is trash in your components and you put in a compressor, the trash will be sent through your new/used compressor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KLH. I'll take some of the other components out and make sure there's not a bunch of junk in there. No sense in ruining the new compressor.

Appreciate the time

FlatFoot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts