Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I am the wife, I do the research and buy the parts for my husbands Bronco.. He works an enormous amount of hours SO I try to have everything ready for him so that on his day off he can work on his Bronco.
Here are the issues..
I bought him this electric radiator fan set up:
1593397366964.png
With the wiring. It had no instructions..He eventually thought he figured out the wiring but now he wants to install something to make sure that it turns on when the ac is on BECAUSE this happened...read on
I also bought him a new ac clutch:
AC Compressor & A/C Repair Kit For Ford F150 F-150 Bronco 5.0L 302 5.8L 351 V8 1994 1995 - BuyAutoParts 60-80213RK New

Now, if you look at the clutch, the electrical connector is on the top. He needed it to be on the bottom, so he removed the clutch plate and turned it the right direction. But now he is wondering if he was to install it (for lack of a better way to explain it) upside down. Wondering if A) the fans not engaging when ac was on OR B) installed compressor/clutch upside down caused the new clutch to seize up upon test drive and frying it!!! Is there an top and bottom to the compressor/clutch part?
On top of that,, he put in new radiator hoses. They are not as "arched" as the old ones and rubbed on the belt and rubbed right thru the new hose.

Also, he never could get the ac to charge to blow cold....
????Where and how can he wire the electric fan to engage when ac is on????
A one day job has turned into a cluster....!!!
Please, any advice or information would be greatly appreciated so I have him ready to go on his next day off.

I hope all of this makes sense to you all, the experts.

Sincerely
Andrea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My apologies. The electrical connection is on the bottom, he needed it to be on top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts