Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had my Bronco since 2000...and have been perusing this website since its inception (great wealth of info, thanks to all); finally decided to make an account a while back; finally now decided I should actually post in the intro section.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello from Central Louisiana AKA...CENLA. Nice ride...I've got a 96 EB. You are right about the information...There's so much is hard sometimes to find exactly what you need but if you're persistent and ask questions you'll find what you need.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...you're not too far down the road from home, but the navy's got me in New England for a year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks...you're not too far down the road from home, but the navy's got me in New England for a year.
Hey...another thing we have in common. I retired in 2004...I was a CTRC when I retired...84 - 04 with three tours of duty in Misawa Japan, one in Okinawa, one in Yokosuka (lots of time in Japan) and one tour in Sugar Grove, WV...loved my time in the Navy..I actually had my first Bronco when I was stationed in Sugar Grove...it was an 87 or 89 EB...memory is failing me now...

·
Super Moderator
24,688 Posts
Yo Taylor,
Welcome and it's good that you have finally registered here!
Was speed control, if equipped, recall work completed by dealership? If not, call local dealer or register and view status @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site; or @ Recalls Look-up by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) ... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.

1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure

1995 Bronco Drivetrain, Powertrain Service Manual - Google Drive
&
1995 Bronco Chassis, Service Manual - Google Drive
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)
... Includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

¤ See our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes. They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Al

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Hello, I've had my Bronco since 2000...and have been perusing this website since its inception (great wealth of info, thanks to all); finally decided to make an account a while back; finally now decided I should actually post in the intro section.
Welcome to FSB, but if you've been hanging out here that long, you should know we like pics!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, thanks to all. miesk5, thanks, and yep I've got the stop gap CC recall in there, but thanks to FSB tracked down an actual recall kit that I need to throw in there. BikerPepe` and SRWillis, yes yes, lurking too long in the shadows, and I'll get some pictures up and a link to my SM account on here once I actually take the time to get pics thrown up on there too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey...another thing we have in common. I retired in 2004...I was a CTRC when I retired...84 - 04 with three tours of duty in Misawa Japan, one in Okinawa, one in Yokosuka (lots of time in Japan) and one tour in Sugar Grove, WV...loved my time in the Navy..I actually had my first Bronco when I was stationed in Sugar Grove...it was an 87 or 89 EB...memory is failing me now...
Spent the last decade in “beautiful” Lemoore, CA. I spent a lot of time trolling around 7th Fleet...great port calls, especially when Hong Kong wasn’t getting cancelled. Got a reprieve tour up in Newport then back to the fleet I suppose.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Be careful with the Rona running wild.

I was stationed in iwakuni Japan for a year. I was only 18 and had no idea how great I had it. Fast forward a year and I got stationed in Camp Lejeune North Carolina with the 10th Marines …. Artillery. If I would have know what I gave up... I would have extended and never left Japan.

Back in Iwakuni me and three friends decided to go bar hopping in Hiroshima ( only a hour train ride away). After shutting down the bar we found out the trains stopped running until the morning. We slept on park benches in "peace park"... ground zero where we nuked the city. I was drunk of my ass.... looking across the river at the remaining power plant structure that survived the blast.... and thinking how in the hell did I ever up here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was stationed in iwakuni Japan for a year. I was only 18 and had no idea how great I had it. Fast forward a year and I got stationed in Camp Lejeune North Carolina with the 10th Marines …. Artillery. If I would have know what I gave up... I would have extended and never left Japan.
Never got to spend any time in Iwakuni but flew through there many times on MAC and/or AMC flights..whatever they call it today. Loved my time in Japan and still go back from time to time to visit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Flew over Iwakuni and Hiroshima between Atsugi and Osan...pretty surreal to look down and see, but never got to in person. Atsugi and Tokyo were a blast though. We almost took orders to CVW5, but couldn’t quite sell the homefront on the optempo :cautious: I’d like to get back over there; was hoping to while I still had friends stationed there, but I guess I’ll have to wait everything out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts