Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! After I purchased my 95 Bronco XLT from internet, I discovered that there are some issues that I was unaware. One of them was non-functional inside drivers side door handle.I discovered that it's because of flexing the sheet metal that holds the door handle mechanism. Thanks to Bronco Graveyard, they've built a CNC 14 gauge reinforced metal for that chronic issue:

Not so cheap, but I am not that handy to build that metal in my garage, so I ordered the parts. You just need to take the handle off and drill the holes for the new plate, fix it with the provided rivets, and that's it! Now I believe it is much more stronger that original:)

Now I am waiting for hole drill bits from Amazon and window motor from Rock Auto to change that stupid thing....

Attachments

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,958 Posts
I've broken a few door handles on these trucks in my day. Usually from brittle plastic. Replacing with the 80-86 metal door handle is what I did. Never had another issue.

If the door itself is the issue, like yours, then that plate is a wise investment.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've broken a few door handles on these trucks in my day. Usually from brittle plastic. Replacing with the 80-86 metal door handle is what I did. Never had another issue.

If the door itself is the issue, like yours, then that plate is a wise investment.
Yeah exactly! There was nothing wrong with the spring, or the handle itself. But I am sure, if I insist to use it like that it's gonna brake. The sheet metal under the handle is so weak, it breaks or flex and cause that issue... I read some topics that they fix it with big washers, I could not as all of the ACE Hardware Stores are closed due to lockdown:)))

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,133 Posts
I ordered one of those just to be safe, thinking I didn't actually need it yet, only to discover the telltale cracks developing when I took the door card off to install it.

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,352 Posts
Also check your hinge on the mechanism. Mine was wore out.

Here is a link to my fix...post number 5

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also check your hinge on the mechanism. Mine was wore out.

Here is a link to my fix...post number 5

It looks pretty solid. The only problem was the excessive cracks (Even missing sheet metal) on the door mount. I wonder how did they use it like that for years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts