Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this so since it's got to do with my SAS I thought I'd post it here.

I'm wanting to start my SAS on the bronco and have ran across what I think is a deal!

I can get this hole setup for $300. I think it's a steal. The only thing is the front is welded and I'd have to change that. The back is LS.

So question is yah or nah?

Anything else I need to ask the guy.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 bills seems good to me.
what gears are in it?
depending on the front springs your gonna run, you might not need
those tall lower spring mounts.
They've got 4:10's in them which I figure for now will be fine seeing as I'm running 35's with stock 3:50.

I don't plan on using the tall spring perches. I'll just cut/grind them off an use the stock spring cups.

From looking closer at the pick it looks like the 10.25 has been shaved some.

·
Registered
77 Posts
cinder blocks? Be really really carefull. I've had them colapse with just trailers sitting on them. I use 6x6 wood blocks now. Not bashing just don't want something to happen to a fellow Bronco owner :thumbup

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand what you guys are saying. I've got them sitting with the wholes vertical. Do you think they would still possibly collapse? Once I had it sitting on the blocks (wheels still mounted) I shook it to see if it was stable.

Not trying to justify them but at the moment this is all I have.

·
Registered
263 Posts
what backspacing are those wheels and size

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did notice you had them positioned so they are strongest but i just don't think i'd trust them with my life if it were me. I went to home depot and bought a couple 6x6's and then cut them in cinder block lengths. i also used a 2x6 screwed to the side of the stacked 6x6's to keep them all togeter so they can't slide apart.

Cheap insurance if you ask me

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what backspacing are those wheels and size
They are American Eagle 589 15X10 5 on 5.5 If I measure right they are 3.75" backspacing. When I ordered them I just told them what they were going on and what wheel I wanted.

You wanting them? I'll sell'em to ya!

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well got some work done today!

Got all the shocks, brake calipers, and some steering off. I don't have a big enough wrench to take the nut off the steering box for the pitman arm. Going to my FIL's tonight for supper so I'll get me a bigger wrench.

The brake calipers I hung them off a body mount so I don't have to fool with bleeding the brake fluid at the moment.

Couldn't get the ABS plug off the axle so I just disconnected it. I won't have ABS anyways after the SAS is completed. I rolled the pigtail up and secured it to the hub.

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Pic of the front with the steering stabilizer and tie-rods disconnected.

In this pic you see the level sitting on the frame. This is to make sure the vehicle is level so when I mount the solid axle under it everything will be squared up.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Ok ok fellas....A buddy of mine has some big truck jack stands he's going to lemme borrow.
:thumbup:rockon:beer:chili::twotu::usa

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
I don't really get the whole level thing. I feel like with suspension that you are customizing, you never know quite how it's going to sit until you set it on the ground. I built the front how I wanted it, then dialed in the rear to match. (Turned out to be a pita.) I'm just saying that level on jack stands isn't necessarily level on the ground.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How does everyone like the way the bronco is sitting now. Shawn (Gub_Ni) let me borrow some heavy duty jack stands. These jack stands are sitting on 2" cap blocks. These babies are befty!!:kewl:

Thanks Shawn!

I also built a couple of these for the axles. Makes moving them around a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts