Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to post this so since it's got to do with my SAS I thought I'd post it here.

I'm wanting to start my SAS on the bronco and have ran across what I think is a deal!

I can get this hole setup for $300. I think it's a steal. The only thing is the front is welded and I'd have to change that. The back is LS.

So question is yah or nah?

Anything else I need to ask the guy.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3 bills seems good to me.
what gears are in it?
depending on the front springs your gonna run, you might not need
those tall lower spring mounts.
They've got 4:10's in them which I figure for now will be fine seeing as I'm running 35's with stock 3:50.

I don't plan on using the tall spring perches. I'll just cut/grind them off an use the stock spring cups.

From looking closer at the pick it looks like the 10.25 has been shaved some.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand what you guys are saying. I've got them sitting with the wholes vertical. Do you think they would still possibly collapse? Once I had it sitting on the blocks (wheels still mounted) I shook it to see if it was stable.

Not trying to justify them but at the moment this is all I have.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what backspacing are those wheels and size
They are American Eagle 589 15X10 5 on 5.5 If I measure right they are 3.75" backspacing. When I ordered them I just told them what they were going on and what wheel I wanted.

You wanting them? I'll sell'em to ya!

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well got some work done today!

Got all the shocks, brake calipers, and some steering off. I don't have a big enough wrench to take the nut off the steering box for the pitman arm. Going to my FIL's tonight for supper so I'll get me a bigger wrench.

The brake calipers I hung them off a body mount so I don't have to fool with bleeding the brake fluid at the moment.

Couldn't get the ABS plug off the axle so I just disconnected it. I won't have ABS anyways after the SAS is completed. I rolled the pigtail up and secured it to the hub.

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Pic of the front with the steering stabilizer and tie-rods disconnected.

In this pic you see the level sitting on the frame. This is to make sure the vehicle is level so when I mount the solid axle under it everything will be squared up.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How does everyone like the way the bronco is sitting now. Shawn (Gub_Ni) let me borrow some heavy duty jack stands. These jack stands are sitting on 2" cap blocks. These babies are befty!!:kewl:

Thanks Shawn!

I also built a couple of these for the axles. Makes moving them around a lot easier.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I've about got the front end completely tore out except for the TTB lift brackets and coil buckets.

I remembered I had a pitman arm puller. Put it on and turned the wrench about a 1/2 turn and it popped right off. I just knew I was going to have to fight with this thing. :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Anyone needing a 95 TTB D44 w 3.55's?

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Is your lift for sale?
Yes look in the Classifieds section.

Yea, I need the ABS sensors :)
Are you talking about the sensors on the spendles?

If you are wanting the plugs that plug into the spendle then by all means lemme know if there is a trick to get them off. I took the bolt out and couldn't get them to budge.

I have two questions for ya......1) What do you want for the tires? If you do not want to seperate the rims I understand. and 2) What would you charge me to get them to Newport?

Oh yea do you have any better pictures of the life?

I know that is three.
Check out my thread in the Classifieds section.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
look on the inside Mike, you should see a little bolt that holds the block on that is holding the sensor for the ABS as I recall. I think that little bolt is a weird one, like 12pnt, 6mm I want to say?
Yeah I got that bolt out but the black part thats like a block attached to the wire won't come off the back of the spindle.

$300 sounds good to me. What type rear is that?
$300 for what?
The rear is a 10.25 if that's what you are asking.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I slid the axle under the front to see what it looks like.

I slid the buckets as far forward as I could and with that it looks like the axle is centered under the wheel well.

So to you guys does everything look ok so far?

I know I'm capable of doing this I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I don't want to get this thing done and something be totally wack.

Drivers side lined up with the center of coil bucket

Passenger side linded up with the center of the coil bucket

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So is your truck just sittin there? or did you get this done yet?? :popc1:
Unfortunately it's not done and I've not been able to work on it in a few weeks. I knew this was going to be a slow project so no hurry.

:doh0715:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent one
How bigg of a lift do you plan on doing because i look like you may have a problem getting it out of the garage if you go any higher.

Let's hope he thought about that... :rofl:
Yip I thought about that. I'm probably going to end up cutting or bending the bottom of the coil buckets so I can raise them an inch or two. I don't mind it going up maybe an inch more but I'm trying to keep it about where it's at.

Oh and I'm sure once I'm done it will probably be parked outside :cry:cry unless I've got it in the garage working on it. BUUUUT!!!! I'm hoping to be able to build an attached shop onto the side of the house sometime in the future and if I do it will definately be able to go in that shop without any worries of it hitting.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks fox!

I wished when I got the money for my first lift I had just went ahead and did the sas but oh well. I've spent the past few years shopping, looking around for parts.

The front already has a locker. I'm not sure which one but I got it off Gearhead. I'm trying to get rid of some parts so I can get the rear regeared, with a some sort of locker hopefully.

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well the Lord has blessed me this past couple of weeks by helping me sell some stuff to buy some parts. Now the Sterling will probably be getting some 4.88 gears!:thumbup

Here's the one thing I've been wanting but didn't want to pay $900 bones for. I found them on NC4x4 for $450 shipped!!!:thumbup:rockon

As you can see they are the Cage Radius Arms...BEEFIEAAHH!!!:chili::chili:

· Offical FSB Map Maker
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok I need some numbers.

I'm running the 6.5 cage progressive coils. I know they will lift the front more than the TTB coils did.

So I need to raise the coil buckets. I'm using the 78/79 upper buckets.

Could someone running this setup please lemme know how much you raised the front bucket. I'm thinking about 2" but would like convermation please. I wouldn't mind maybe gaining about an 1" but someone lemme know please!!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.