Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I let off the gas, I hear a roaring noise other than the 33' tires, I pulled the rear diff and put some 90w synthetic, not an abnormal amount of metal on the magentic fill plug, gears looked fine, tranny is shifting smooth, does the transfer case oil/fluid seperate from the transmission? anyhow, the u joints are the non greasable kind(oem). Also, when i let off the gas and tap on the brakes, there is no changel. ANY IDEAS???
Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ijust changed the transfer case fluid, it looked alright, not chocolate milk looking, but noise is still there. Is the pinion bearing the one behind the seal where the driveshaft attatches. if I remember right, cant you drop the drive shaft and take the yoke off with an impact and pull it out, or do you have to go through the rearend and do something with the spider gears???? i forget, this is on an 8.8 btw

·
Registered
220 Posts
if I remember right, cant you drop the drive shaft and take the yoke off with an impact and pull it out, or do you have to go through the rearend and do something with the spider gears????
You can, but I would not use an impact wrench. Have been told it can cause marring on the pinion shaft.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pull your rear drive shaft then drive it in 4x4 if the noise is still there you know its not the rear end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts