·
Registered
642 Posts
following.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So I said I would get to the front end work I have been doing. Here is the run down so far:
  • Skyjacker Hydro shocks
  • ProComp 4" lift springs
  • eBay 4" drop brackets (I am pleased with them)
  • Energy Suspension poly pivot bushings and radius arm bushings
  • 16" extensions added to to the Radius Arms
  • Skyjacker 4" drop pitman arm
  • Infinite ball joint adjusters
I had some problems with just driving around with the old set up of 2" spacers on Moog springs. I was getting crazy bump steer and I wasn't happy with the tire position.

So I got the 4" drop brackets. That helped in one respect, but it created all sorts of other issues, most of which I have forgotten already. One issue for sure with the 4" drop brackets was that they had eccentrics for more adjustment. Well, the fasteners were junk. I wound up getting my own hardware and welding the bolt to one of the eccentrics. That solved that issue. I added the poly pivot bushings at this point. No issues there.

Then I definitely saw the need for extended radius arms and that was a fairly easy project for me since I have a welder already. I bought some 2" .250 wall DOM and went to town. Yes, the rivets sucked. But the rest of it was fine.

That leads me to where I am at today. Bumpsteer is all but gone and I still haven't had an alignment done. I am waiting until I get some more permanent tires.

I shot this video yesterday to see how the suspension works. Its just a 9 minute drive. I am pleased with pretty much everything, but I can see that the steering drag links change length in turns and cause tire tilt in and also when backing up. So that is some geometry I am going to get to eventually.

If anyone wants to see the Cummins drama, check this thread out over at 4btswaps.com. QSB4.5-30 to VE Pump Build Has Started

I just finished up pulling the fuel tanks today and removing the fuel filter sock which apparently is a problem with diesel fuel. While there I reworked the fuel tank venting system by following this write up. it sucked. But its done. Ford 7.3L Diesel Fuel Tank Vent Mod

I am not sure what I am going to start on next, but it will be small for sure. I am pleased with the way the ProComp springs and Skyjacker Hydros ride. Right now I am sitting a little high in the front and may just throw a 1" block in the rear. I am 99% sure that won't cause too much issue.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
61 - 63 of 63 Posts