Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum and I was hoping someone can help me out. I live in Glenwood springs, CO and I need some work done to my 95 Bronco with 118K. I have been researching replacing the oil pan gasket and have been debating whether or not to do it myself. And I figured it would be best to have a shop do it. Does anyone know of any good shops that they would recomend to do this repair. I dont mind taking it to the denver area or grand junction if its a good shop. ALso does anyone have an idea of what this repair would cost? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you give me the name of the shop. I need to get this done here soon. I dont mind drivin to denver if its a good ahop and they give me a decent estimate.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Could you give me the name of the shop. I need to get this done here soon. I dont mind drivin to denver if its a good ahop and they give me a decent estimate.
How bad is the leak? I've lived with a slow leak (probably rear main seal) for over a decade. Put something down on the garage floor so she doesn't make a mess. As far as I know you will need to lift the whole motor so that the pan can get past the crossmember, so yes, it will be expensive.

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
I helped a friend with his '94 F150 with a 5.0.
We had to lift the motor with a cherry picker, we also replaced the engine mounts at the same time.

Even with the engine lifted up 6" or it was still a bitch, we had to take the oil pump out to get the pan out.

If you do it get the one piece gasket not the 4 piece.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
I lived in the Springs for a year a Loong time ago. I am sure there are some good shops up there. Used to be a few on the other side of the river on the way to Sunlight. I know there is a good 4X shop in Rifle but I do not know if they do maintance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. After doing some good cleaning underneath. I realized that the main seal is leaking pretty bad. The oil pan gasket is leaking but not as bad as the rear seal. Since the bronce only has 118 k onit and I plan on keepin it for a while, I figured to just fix them both. Should I get anything else done while hes in there? I read somewhere to replace the oil pump and some tube? If anyone has any Ideas please let me know. I found a guy in denver thats going to do the work for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You've probably read that others have replaced the oil pump and pick up tube/screen. When I did mine I replaced both but I could have easily just cleaned out the pick up tube screen and put it back in. If the screen isn't damaged you could just have him clean it up and re-install it. What was your quote to get it all done? I did it myself but it took me a couple of weekends to get it all back together, luckily it wasn't my daily driver at that time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if its not a terrible leak let it drip its not worth the price and in my 90 i tightened the oil pan just a little and it got better until i took it to a shop and they tightened it so much the gasket pushed out the side of the pan and caused it to leak as fast as i could pour oil in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts