Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this up on another site, but i thought maybe i'd throw it up over here as well...

Gave it a bath, so neglected :(

Current front bumper. The tube is too small IMO, and it has no skid. Going to have a new one made. Hoping to get one like Tony's if he doesn't mind a copycat.

It has a small engine cage, which I would like to have replaced by something from Southwest Performance. I have a feeling the front end was pieced together from leftovers, so it's probably all going to have to go, once i learn more about what's available. Again, probably going to be a copycat and follow in Tony's footsteps.

Some things that will have to be redone.

Front coilovers. Anything you guys can tell me about them, i would appreciate.

Rear, I would rather the shock bar be bolt in, but that as well can be fixed. Deaver f53's and new Fox 2.5x12's i believe. You guys may be able to tell.

Not happy where the e-brake cable runs. Need to figure out a solution to this.

Front. I really don't know anything about it, other than that it is cut and turn. The PO says everything was built by a buddy who is a fabricator, but he kind of avoided saying who. Again, more welds where i wish there were bolts.

Sits a little high in the rear, but i've only had it for one whole day now. Going to soak up as much advice as i can, and see where it takes me.

Ditched the Perry's glass for Autofab stuff.

Started working on mounting the Autofab glass. So much more subtle than the Perry's Glass. I'm actually impressed with how well the Perry's glass fit. I hate to say it, but better than the Autofab stuff.

Autofab.

Autofab vs Perry's

Painted the bronco yesterday. I wasn't happy seeing the naked fiberglass and the 10 different shades of white on the truck. The paint was badly oxidized, chipped, and dull. Now at least it's all one color, and i'm not going to worry about scratching it because touch up will be easy.

Prep.

Fender i painted thursday night to get an idea of what the color scheme would be.

Moved it into the yard to avoid overspray on the neighbors car. I wish i could have done it in my garage, but even with the tires aired down, it wouldn't fit.

Hanging the glass back on.

Top and bumpers.

Normally i hate it when people rattle can cars, because i think it turns out really cheesy and ghetto. But i'm impressed with how this came out. On the tan, you can see some spray streaks, because it's satin and hard to lay down outside, but the brown came out great.

Picked up some 35"x12.50 BFG All Terrain K/O's. Rides and handles much much better now. Here's how it sits as of today.

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
Nice! It has alot of work already in it.

For the rear sitting too high why not just raise the front up a bit?
You would have to get an alignment but no big deal there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! It has alot of work already in it.

For the rear sitting too high why not just raise the front up a bit?
You would have to get an alignment but no big deal there.
I would, but it sits pretty high as it is. I'd rather lower the back to reduce the rake instead of just raising the front to match.

Also, i've gleaned from the desert guys that extended shackles will net be some extra droop as well as relieve some of the stress on the springs at full bump = longer life.

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
True, however I don't know how much longer you could go.

I think they are pretty close the bed as it is, of course you could just cut out a section of it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Broke the rear shock mount.

New rear shock mount courtesy of Southwest Performance. This thing is seriously beefy.

Being at Mark's shop is like being in TTB heaven. I could have hung out there all day just drooling over all the trucks there.

Mark - Can't wait to see the finished Flair Side you're building for your mom. Wish i could have brought my camera.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
bad ass ride, which i could do mine like that. what did you pay for the glass fenders??????

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bad ass ride, which i could do mine like that. what did you pay for the glass fenders??????
Rear glass was on the truck when i bought it, with some 6" bulge front fenders which i swapped for Autofab 3" flare.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up my retrofits today, i've had other sets of retrofits made for other cars, and i have to say, these are by far the best looking set ive seen. If i didn't know better I would say they are OEM. The workmanship is just that solid and clean.

Can't wait to put them in when the weather dries up :) I'll post pictures of the light output once they're in.

Thanks again Tony!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Those are amazing! Where did you pick those up if you dont mind me askin?
Member here under the username: TCM GLX. He owns BajaHID.com and built these for a VERY reasonable price.

Shoot him a PM!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New retrofits from BajaHID.com have been installed for about a week now, and i just got around to adjusting them correctly. Everyone likes pictures, so here it goes :)

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Sorry for the graininess, i was too lazy to play with the ISO and white balance.

These pictures are 100% unedited. The light output is amazing, yet when you stand in front of the truck, they don't glare or blind you at all. It's so nice being able to see at night :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts