Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 bronco 5.8/E4OD with speed density. I have a chance to get the wiring harness, computer, MAF sensor and necessary intake tubing off a clean 95 bronco with 5.0/E4OD. Any forseen issues with this swap to gain MAF on my 94?
I understand some tuning may be necessary eventually.

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
That's a great start
I would have the PCM flashed to a BIOO to start.
I would also look into 42psi 03 Lighning injectors & Maf. Yes it would need a tune

·
Super Moderator
25,276 Posts
Yo Travis,

MAF Conversion in 95 California Bronco Re-Pinning by fodder @ MAF Conversion underway, wiring questions

EEC Compatability from OBDI-to-OBDII @ ECU compatability from OBDI-to-OBDII

SD TO MAF Pin Outs by Seattle FSB @ Convert an OBD1 to OBD2?

Speed Density to Mass Air Conversion for Bronco & F 150; "...To convert SD trucks with E4OD/AODE transmissions to MAF, some people use the CA 5.8 MAF/E4OD (F5TF-12A650-BYA). Mike Wesley says he uses the F5TF-12A650-HB (95 CA 5.0 MAF/E4OD) on a 750+ HP daily driver 415 stroker Lightning with a Vortech S trim. It runs open loop, has been reprogrammed, drives like stock, gets 17 MPG and will run low 10’s at 130+ in the 1/4 mile and A/C and cruise work great. Both of these EEC’s are set to use 4.10 gears. If a smaller ratio is used, say 3.55, you could use the F5TF-12A650-GB. There are probably 15-20 EEC’s available to convert a SD (later model) to MAF (some of these may compromise the ability to stay emissions legal). If you have an early SD truck with AOD, re-wire to the Mustang EEC (Ford MotorSport sells this kit). You’ll have to move/add quite a few wires, and you might not like the results if you’re not able to re-calibrate the EEC (like the Pro-M ’low cost’ kit, Kenne Bell, LCA and Downs Ford come pre-re-calibrated). The engine shuts down at 85 MPH, shifting is fairly sloppy and too early (at least on a Lightning). All Ford EECs shift poorly -- except for the Lightning, which is only slightly firmer. To use the Mustang EEC on a truck with an E4OD/AODE, you would need to run two EECs in parallel. The Mustang EEC runs the engine, the existing truck EEC controls the trans. Pro-M sells a kit like this..." READ MUCH MORE
Source: by Tom C via Ryan M

Speed Density to Mass Air Conversion & Parts List with Cost in a 93 F150, 5.0, E4OD; "...For this article, I will be doing a 93 Ford F-150, 5.0, E4OD trans. Because they don't make a kit for this, I will be re-wiring the harness, and using a PCM and MAF out of a 95 f-150, 5.0, E4OD. If you have a truck with a non-electronic Trans, like the old AOD's, or C-6's, etc, you can use a MAF conversion kit..." Read More @ EEC Performance

Speed Density to Mass Air Conversion & Parts List with Cost for Bronco & F 150
Source: by Ryan M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts