Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have one of these cars? I hate working on newer vehicles with so much computerized crap. but I was having problems with it since I got it, would idle irratically and after warmed up wouldn't want to start you would have to hold it to the floor and then it would start. I took it to autozone and their computer wouldn't read it, but then (which figures too) I was warming it up the one day and it stalled and since then won't start back up. the bf tried with some starting fluid to get it running thought maybe it was a fuel problem but still nothing. It cranks over just won't start. Freakin bastard has just been sitting dead in front of my house. I could really use it here soon too as I just bought all the rest of the parts for my bronco motor and that'll soon be in the garage to swap that and my front rear in. any suggestions guys???

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and how do I do that???? Like I said I don't work on newer stuff! give me a 78-9 Bronco and I can almost fix any problem. I need to get it moving cause my neighbors are arses too and even though its all legal they will call the cops and say it is dead there and cannot be moved and they'll come up and tow tag it just to mess with me

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:rolleyes: Yeah, let's blame the computer.

Google a little. Check out Fireguy50's fordfuelinjection.com website, and grab a paperclip, pen, & paper. There's a whole world of diagnostic information literally at your fingertips. :thumbup

Then try some real diagnostics. Have you established that you actually have the correct fuel pressure? Is there adequate ignition (spark)? AutoZone can pull codes off of it, but most of the monkeys that work there can't/won't learn to pull EEC-IV codes, even though the documentation is right in front of them. :enforce

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
you could probably look up other information beyond pulling up codes too. if youve got a fuel pressure gauge look up the specs for fuel pressure, pull a plug or get one of those inline connections to check and see if you have spark.... codes help a ton, but its not the only thing you can do.

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't touched it since it happened but its an automatic with a 5.0 but the person who owned the car before me installed some aftermarket stuff. I will take a picture later once I'm dressed and done cleaning my dump of a house lol

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
What parts were installed? The 94-95 Mustang computers are very picky and upset easily.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Guy I used to work with had a mid 90's Mustang with some funky issues, all of which I could only guess were related to a bad TPS (Check yo' TPS reference), and it turned out to be his MAF sensor.

He cleaned it, and the thing fired right up and never ran better. Use MAF cleaner on it if you're gonna try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts