Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

95 or 95 model?

2K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Trav 
#1 ·
I am new to the forums and I am in the market for a Bronco. I have been doing some research and I think I know what I am looking for but opinions are always good.

Basically I want something with low miles and is in relatively good shape. I would prefer a 351 over the 302 as I will be towing here and there. I will also be using it for light trail duty (Moab is only a few hours away :) ) Newer model years would be better as well.

Please let me know some thoughts on which models would be nice and any mods that the Bronco could benefit from.

Thanks in advance,

Trav

#5 ·
SlappyB said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say....95! I think it would be the better of the two choices.

Off topic as it may be, Ralphenstein where in the Piedmont do you live?
Summerfield, just north of Greensboro. Joself? DRK (I think thats his name) lives right down the road, I gotta head over to his place and see his rig sometime.

#6 ·
Steve83 said:
If you'll do a little searching, you'll find lots of good info has already been posted about why one year is better or worse than another, and you won't have to wait for any more smart@$$ replies. :D
Smarta$$??:toothless We're all just trying to answer his question and be helpful! Go with the 95 -definitely!
:histerica :histerica :wacko

#7 ·
Decisions decisions...I am going with a 95. Yep, 95

#10 ·
Ralphenstein said:
Summerfield, just north of Greensboro. Joself? DRK (I think thats his name) lives right down the road, I gotta head over to his place and see his rig sometime.

I live in Winston, and I'm dying to sell my car so I can get a lift, wheels, tires, intake, headers, and exhaust. But I still love my Bronco for now. Any good place to take them around here?

#19 ·
SlappyB said:
I live in Winston, and I'm dying to sell my car so I can get a lift, wheels, tires, intake, headers, and exhaust. But I still love my Bronco for now. Any good place to take them around here?
Good place for wheelin, or getting work done? IMO Uwharrie is the best around here for wheelin, although there are little nooks and crannies everywhere. Some of my buddies know of a few good ones.

#20 ·
Ralphenstein said:
Good place for wheelin, or getting work done? IMO Uwharrie is the best around here for wheelin, although there are little nooks and crannies everywhere. Some of my buddies know of a few good ones.

Actually, I did mean wheelin', but I'd take any advice on shops, too. I've only had one other truck since I moved to NC, and that was a Dodge Dakota right after they did the big change on them. (don't give me too much grief, I hated it). So any advice on 4wd shops in the are would be appreciated too.

Sorry for the threadjack...:whiteflag

#25 ·
drinkbrew said:
if you mean 95 or 96 i would go 96 with the 5.8 but thats just what i got after researching and looking for a bronco for about 2 months
Sorry about the title. I meant to say 95 or 96. I didn't even realize that I wrote that until I saw how many of you have the same sense of humor. It must be funny to read, then write, the same joke over and over. :D

To all of those with helpful info, thank you.

#26 ·
Trav said:
Sorry about the title. I meant to say 95 or 96. I didn't even realize that I wrote that until I saw how many of you have the same sense of humor. It must be funny to read, then write, the same joke over and over. :D

To all of those with helpful info, thank you.
I actually felt bad later about messing with you. Sorry. The truth is you really cant go wrong with either one. Dont pass up a nice 96 just because you are looking for a 95 and visa versa. The two years are very much the same with only minor changes. Just look out for rust in the drip rails, lower tail gate, and wheel well lips, mainly in the rear. Many people would say not to get the 96 because of the OBD 2 computer. Its supposedly a little more finicky about performance mods and a lot of exhaust manufacturers list items as not being legal to use one 96 and up vehicles in California with the OBD2. But the truth of the matter is it really depends what you want to do with the Bronco. If you just want a nice Bronco for a daily driver and occasional offroading, then just look for the nicest Bronco you can find in either model year. And of course the Eddie Bauer edition is the nicest. I would just stay away from any one that has been heavily modified because you never know how well the work was done. Anyway, this is all just my opinion. When you find the one thats right for you, you'll know it. Its like love!! (thats a joke)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.