Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any down sides to a 95 bronco with a 351 versus a 96? I know the 96 is MAF and OBD II, what is the big difference between the two and what would be the benefit of one or the other?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to add that I will without a doubt have an intake, exhaust from headers back

·
Registered
144 Posts
more 02 sensors and the 96 is OBD II. The 95 should be MAF as well as the 96. Thats about all I know about the differences but someone with more knowledge will chime in

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
The 95 should be MAF as well as the 96.
Only in California models will the 95's be MAF. There really aint much difference between the two years other than MAF and OBD2. Some of the 96's come with the signal mirrors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
from what I hear you don't really have alot of cam options with the speed density, so if your planning on more performance upgrades go with the 96 with the MAF

·
Registered
408 Posts
E4od had more upgrades in 96.
95 is when they added the higher flowing front pump, 94 is when they changed the converter clutch piston, 94 is when they changed the OD planitary gear, 94 is when they changed the OD stub shaft, 92 is when they changed the sun gear and rear case bushings and 4 pinion planetary carriers. 95 is when they changed the programming to provide "smoother shifts" under light load.

as far as i know, 95 and 96 are the same internally.

as far as 95 and 96 on the rest of the truck, I don't think there are too many programmers out there for the 96 either, and there isn't squat for the 95 351w. I would go with the 95 and do a MAF swap from a 5.0. You'll end up changing the ECM on the 96 if you want to change that much stuff anyways...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only in California models will the 95's be MAF. There really aint much difference between the two years other than MAF and OBD2. Some of the 96's come with the signal mirrors.
Nope, the 95 also came with the signal mirrors (my truck has them.) As far as I know, I think there where just minor differences between the two years.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
Nope, the 95 also came with the signal mirrors (my truck has them.) As far as I know, I think there where just minor differences between the two years.
Really? :scratchhe
Well this is the first post I've ever seen that someone has said the 95's came with them also. Your truck must be a very late production for the year. You probably also have the 2 piece grease seal for the front rotors too, that was a late 95 thing also.

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
I think you just lucked out, ford advertised it as new for 96-Bronco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts