Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys im looking for some one who makes winch bumpers in Canada or some one who knows some where i can pick one up. Im open to custom fabrication anywhere in Canada. If anyone has any info im looking for solid steel bumper for a 95 Bronco with please let me know.
Thx Jay:rockon

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
jay, is there some reason it has to be made in canada? there are a few members here who can custom make one in the US and ship it to you...not sure if it's a tax issue you're worried about or what...

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I have a couple of bush guards/winch mounts that I made several years ago for a Ranger.

I also have plates I could send you to make your own bush guard/winch mount. The plates are burned out and formed already. You just have to pick up a length of tubing for the top and find someone to weld it together for you.

I have pictures of what it looks like when assembled, if you are interested, I will look for them and post them.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
JaysBigBronco said:
Hey, guys im looking for some one who makes winch bumpers in Canada or some one who knows some where i can pick one up. Im open to custom fabrication anywhere in Canada. If anyone has any info im looking for solid steel bumper for a 95 Bronco with please let me know.
Thx Jay:rockon
Is there any reason you can't fab yourself? you can use your stock bumper. Most of the Canadians seem to love the do it yourself/save some cash:

Structural C channel:

Test fit after cutting:

put back together, this was about 20 months ago:

Nice, clean, stock looking, and a fairly recent pic:

While the "bumper" isn't much to speak of anymore, the winch will certainly do everthing asked from a structural standpoint. And no $$$$ bill for a bumper.

whatever you end up with, hope it works for ya!:drinkbud

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ive been ordering alot for the us lately and they are killing me with duty charges. And i kinda figure that there has to be someone in canada who does custom fabrication aswell. Waltman id really like to see thoses pics if you can find them. Shadofax you have a killer rig, she is amazing. As for doing it myself, i am not a fabricator and i dont have any the equipment to fab one up. Plus im really into dumping the oem bumper for something i can take trees out if i want to lol.
thx you guys
Jay

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Where in canada are you? If you're anywhere near Alberta, NOBS! MAY be able to help you (if he wants too, or not, I don't know). And if nothing else, find out what it would cost to ship an estimated 150lbs, with your duty charges, from Oregon (zip is 97756, if you needed it)

What I'm saying is, if worse comes to worse, I can bulid one for you. And if you ARE in the Alberta area, I might even be able to meet you halfway, if that would save any shipping charges. You have options, and if I can help, I will

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats cool dave I have heard of your bumpers, all of which are sweet, but im in eastern canada in Quebec. I might be willing to pick it up during the summer though, i can always find time then. I guess the big question is do you have any prototypes already done. Ill see if i can find a pic of what i would like.
Thx Jay

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Holy shit, that's far!That's a helluva drive to the west coast, for a bumper :shrug If nothing else works for you, I'll see what I can do, to help

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Here are a couple of pics with the bush guard mounted on my Ranger. This first one is a result of my friend not liking me laughing my head off while snapping pics of his f250 stuck in a ditch that I went through earlier very easily. While I was laughing he hopped in my truck and drove it into the lake.

I have a fully assembled unit outside somwhere. If you are still interested I'll snap a pic of that. I couldn't find the pics I already have. If you are interested in the essembled one, you should first find a ranger and start measuring and compare those measurements to your bronco. Idealy you want that tube to line up with the hood the way it does in the Ranger. You would have to get someone to make the mounting brackets because the ones I got are for the ranger only.

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
Get ahold of Damager, he's in Queerbec. He should be pretty good with his welder by now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts