Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any input. The air conditioning in my 95 E.B. with 351 and E4OD has been cutting out while driving. It only will do it if I am hard on the gas ( like merging on interstate ). I can't hear any squealing and the serp. belt is newer. The blower stops I guess. No air is comong out of vents. It will do it on Max a/c and normal. As soon as rpms drop a little or i let off the gas pedal it will blow again. Other than that the a/c system seems to work really great. Any ideas on what could be causing this.Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I read the info posted in the link. However, this may not solve ocdfisher's problem. I have 2 1995 FSB. One has the exact same problem as OCD's the other does not. I am in the process of traking down the problem with no luck.

There is a black vacuum line that runs from inside the engine compartment to the controls on the dash. The black vacuum line gets its vacuum from the manifold. The black vacuum line gets connected to a red vacuum line that plugs into the top of the manifold.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Post Was Not Complete . . . Accidently Hit Enter

I read the info posted in the link. However, this may not solve ocdfisher's problem. Since everyone is takling about vacuum lines. If OCD is getting vacuum at idle it would appear to me, based on the working I have been doing the past week, that his problem lies with something other than a leaking vacuum line.

I have 2 1995 FSB. One has the exact same problem as OCD's the other does not. I am in the process of traking down the problem with no luck.

There is a black vacuum line that runs from inside the engine compartment to the controls on the dash. The black vacuum line gets its vacuum from the manifold. The black vacuum line gets connected to a red vacuum line that plugs into the top of the manifold.

When ever you jump on the gas your vacuum is decreased. When the vacuum is decreased there is not enough vacuum going through the black vacuum line to maintain the "blend door" actuator that is located under the dash near the floor.

I have replaced every vacuum line behind the dash and in the engine compartment that has anything, (at least from what I can see), to do with the A/C system. I still have not resolved the problem.

My only guess at this point is that I have a vacuum leak some where else or possibly the coffee can that is the vacuum resevior may be defective. I will be replacing the coffee can tomorrow. My second 95 FSB is a parts truck. I know the A/C was working properly on that truck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Also, I have replaced the "blend door" actuator and the vacuum actuator located in the upper left hand, (facing the engine), portion of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
There is a small plastic reservoir mounted on the side of the blower motor/evaporator case. The vacuum line from the intake manifold goes through a check valve then to this reservoir. That reservoir was cracked on my current '92 when I bought it. I ended up using one of the chambers on the huge two piece plastic reservoir mounted on the passenger fender as the repair. The larger trucks use this instead of the metal coffee can on the Bronco/F-Series. I would also verify that check valve is working and installed properly. I used a hand held vacuum pump/gauge to check this circuit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a/c blower problems

Thanks for all the responses. I checked out the links and I will check out those vaccum lines. I do recall noticing the white line gong up yo passenger firewall looking plugged or very brittle. I get back on here after I do some line tracing and testing.:thumbup

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
definitely ensure the check valve is working and all the lines especially under the hood are good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checed out the white vacuum line from the outside air vacuum motor to bedind the glove box. It was pretty nasty, including a patch job by P.O. I pulled the old one out and put a new line through the firewall. Now when I put it on max a/c or off the vacuum motor on passenger firewall area works. I did not get a chance to get the truck on the highway yet, but at least something is fixed. All the other small plastic vacuum lines were in good shape or replaced. I will UPDATE after driving.

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,513 Posts
Good deal :thumbup

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
I have been tracking down the same problem, just replaced all my vacuum lines in the engine compartment, and then today i replaced the two lines (White and Black) going from the engine compartment to under the dash to the right of the glove compartment.

In the truck right after the lines go through the fire wall there is a connector for the vacuum lines, oddly enough its a 3 line to 3 line however i can't find the 3rd line.. only the white and black lines coming into the engine compartment.. so i taped them off the missing tubes and will test it out tomorrow.

hopefully you find your problem as well.. i know its related to mine.. so watching thread.

not to hijack but anyone know where the 3rd line goes? maybe i need to take a pic or something.. weird that its missing seems kinda strange.. anyway..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Also, I may have to correct my previous post. I replaced the white vacuum line with another white line. The replacement had no effect, thus leading to my previous post. I went back to check the "new" white vacuum line and found that it was defective. Got a new white vacuum line and replaced the defective vacuum line.

So far, the problem has been corrected. The A/C no longer cuts out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts