Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure people will either love or hate this build. It’s a 95 bronco that I’ve decided to swap an lq9 LS into! Figured I’d start a build thread and maybe I can help someone else down the road. This is my progress so far

Here’s the lq9 out of a 06 caddieee

Glad I opened it up

After lapping the heads and doing seals

TERMINATOR X MAX

And a little paint never hurt...

And that’s it so far. Tell me what y’all think!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice progress so far. Interested in this. Been thinking about this for my 86. What are you doing for trans options and t case options?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice progress so far. Interested in this. Been thinking about this for my 86. What are you doing for trans options and t case options?

Don’t have it yet but it’ll be getting a 4L80. And I’m not sure on the transfer case yet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don’t have it yet but it’ll be getting a 4L80. And I’m not sure on the transfer case yet

Thats what i was thinking as well, was a 4l80 for the trans. What are you going with for motor mounts? Dirty dingo?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i was thinking as well, was a 4l80 for the trans. What are you going with for motor mounts? Dirty dingo?

No I’ll make them. I’m going to try and use the stock ls ones but I may just go from scratch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little update for ya. The dash took about 4 beers and a little bit of a meltdown to get out but it’s out! Tested some spots for the Holley computer system and that’s as far as that has gone. Probably will stay out for a bit. But the motors coming along! Got everything put together inside other than pistons and rods. I’m waiting on a ball hone for the cylinders:( Almost didn’t do it because these looked to be in such good shape but why not. It’ll just help seat things

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,037 Posts
Glad that dash is yours and not mine... LOL!

·
Registered
1988 FSB, 351W, Towing Package
108 Posts
This is gonna be one badass truck dude, whether anybody is a strictly ford guy or not they can’t deny the beast that is the LS. That’s gonna be sick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moving along smoothly so far. Got the engine together and ready to start. Moved it on over and started mocking it up in the bronco. Just waiting on a transmission now so I can see exactly where it needs to go before I can make engine mounts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,037 Posts
That is quite the project. Looking good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Starting to get warm in AZ so I’ve been doing small bits here and there. Latest update is that the wiring harness is all loomed up and looking pretty! Tucked it away in the truck to see the fit and it looks perfect . The other part I had to figure out was the gas pedal. Since I’m using a drive by wire system I had to sit and scratch my head for a little while to see how I was going to mount the pedal. After looking at it from every single angle I finally came up with a pretty solid mount for it

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
566 Posts
I guess my question would be, if you want a Govenment Motors engine why not a Government Motors truck? There are options outside of Limited Sense motors. Coyote, EcoBoost, Voodoo, the new 7.3 V8, Power Stroke, the list goes on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess my question would be, if you want a Govenment Motors engine why not a Government Motors truck? There are options outside of Limited Sense motors. Coyote, EcoBoost, Voodoo, the new 7.3 V8, Power Stroke, the list goes on.
I like the looks of the obs bronco, suspension, wiring quality, and overall layout. And I was willing to build the 351w but the price to make decent hp was basically double. When I decided I wanted to swap the motor I was originally looking for a 12v Cummins to put in it but they’re to hard to find. So ls was the easiest and cheapest. Makes great power and super supported in the aftermarket world.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fitment is pretty close but I think I can make it work. I still will adjust it around and see where she sits permanently. Other than making a square fit in a round hole... I order the last of the motor parts to get it running and then I should just be waiting on a transmission to keep this moving forward.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,044 Posts

I agree, I really never quite understood this whole Chevy in a Ford thing....and I can't blame my old age on this one either. I mean, does Chevy build great engines and their cars are pieces of $hit compared to the Ford bodies and chassis????
Chevy guys buy or build beautiful '32 Ford Coupes and drop SBC in them for some strange reason and think it's cool. Kinda like they perfected or reinvented the wheel.
IDK, I would never buy a '57 Bel Air and drop a 429 in it and think it was cool.
Now, if you went with a 426 Hemi........

Sorry for the rant; carry on.

Just my $0.02

But then again, this might be on a Bronco chassis...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts