Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom - 460 - NP435 - NP205 - Sniper EFI - HyperSpark Ignition - 4.56 Gears - Front/Rear Lockers
2,029 Posts
I agree, I really never quite understood this whole Chevy in a Ford thing....and I can't blame my old age on this one either. I mean, does Chevy build great engines and their cars are pieces of $hit compared to the Ford bodies and chassis????
Chevy guys buy or build beautiful '32 Ford Coupes and drop SBC in them for some strange reason and think it's cool. Kinda like they perfected or reinvented the wheel.
IDK, I would never buy a '57 Bel Air and drop a 429 in it and think it was cool.
Now, if you went with a 426 Hemi........

Sorry for the rant; carry on.

Just my $0.02

But then again, this might be on a Bronco chassis...

I love pineapple on my pizza. Some call that blasphemy, I call it delicious.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,048 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been looking high and low for a transmission lately. Been searching in the middle of the forest and streams to see if they have any out there haha. But for real I tried all my junk yards in my area and I’ve been looking online about every other day to see if they pop up but don’t have any luck so far. I’m planning a trip to the big city because I’m sure they have one. Until then I’ve been trying out some spots for the wiring and just mock building everything to get an idea of how it will all look. This months progress will be slow but next month I’m planning on pushing hard to get this thing driving! I’m tired of watching all my friends go play without me:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,048 Posts
Thanks for the update. Wiring looks good. Have you tried Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix? They have a couple of huge JYs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the update. Wiring looks good. Have you tried Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix? They have a couple of huge JYs.
I haven’t. I’m up in Prescott so when I head down there I’m just going to go to every single one until I find one lol

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Lol! I'll be in Prescott and Flag next week. Love it there. I go to DVAP sometimes just to look around at cool stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice progress. This is a swap I would do but the wiring makes my head want to explode.
The wiring is a breeeeeze! I use nothing from the bronco wiring. I have the Holley terminator kit and everything comes pre wired and labeled. The only thing you connect is the power, ground, and fuel pump. And it’s very organized. Highly recommend

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Small update. I’ve been gone on vacation for two weeks and then my motivation has been gone to work on the bronco because of the heat. It’s been 100 degrees in my area and the junk yard I need to go to is in Phoenix and they’ve been 118 lately So just small wiring for now. Added some plugs and cleaning up some loose wiring. Making it so everything unlocks and just comes right out. Slowly getting there!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And I got my factory brake lines to replace the ABS ones on here

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,298 Posts
You do some gorgeous work, I'm really looking forward to when you get a trans and tc.

So yeah, I'm gonna need you to get on that if you could.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Frames clean and the brake lines have been converted to non-ABS system. Need to make a small flare for the last bit of line but other than that... brakes

·
Super Moderator
9,665 Posts
Wow, very impressive project. Fantastic job so far. I really can't believe that you don't have to modify the shit out of the crossmember to make it fit. Hell even the exhaust manifolds look like they fit. It looks like a way easier swap than a coyote. While your junkyard surfing for a transmission, try to find one that already has a transfer case hanging on the back of it.

You know what they say on iron resurrection, "wire it up, fire it up, your good to go".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow, very impressive project. Fantastic job so far. I really can't believe that you don't have to modify the shit out of the crossmember to make it fit. Hell even the exhaust manifolds look like they fit. It looks like a way easier swap than a coyote. While your junkyard surfing for a transmission, try to find one that already has a transfer case hanging on the back of it.

You know what they say on iron resurrection, "wire it up, fire it up, your good to go".
Ya it’s like it’s meant to be! The tricky part will be just making the mounts but other than that everything has plenty of room!

·
Super Moderator
9,665 Posts
If you can weld it shouldn't be too bad. Watch the episode of Texas metal where the redo the engine bay on a lite blue 49 Chevy truck. They show a lot of detail about how they made the motor mounts. I think its season 2 episode 3

21 - 36 of 36 Posts