·
Resident Nice Guy
2,357 Posts
Fantastic, love to see the progress!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It’s been a slow process but the cooling system is basically done. All that’s left is undercab battery, tranny, engine and tranny cooler lines, power steering, and driveshafts! If I can get my butt in gear this thing could be driving in a couple weeks! Stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Looking sweet!!! What headers are you running?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I’m going to make some headers that either go outside the frame rails and then go out before the rear wheels or I’m going to do a fender dump with 8-1 header but that’s a lot of space to eat up

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are you plans for the shift linkage? Do you plan on trying to make the factory column shift work or are you going with a floor shifter? I'm about to start the same project lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
What are you plans for the shift linkage? Do you plan on trying to make the factory column shift work or are you going with a floor shifter? I'm about to start the same project lol.
I glanced at how I’m going to do that the other day and from what I saw the factory 4l80e cable holder will actually hold the factory Ford shifter cable with a little shaving. And the Ford cable end snapped right onto the Chevy nipple for the actual shifter part. Really all I have to see is if the length is going to work. I’ll post pics when I install it all in a week or two

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here’s a little eye candy for you guys. Fully rebuild tranny with a shift kit. Painted up and ready to go in

·
Registered
28 Posts
I glanced at how I’m going to do that the other day and from what I saw the factory 4l80e cable holder will actually hold the factory Ford shifter cable with a little shaving. And the Ford cable end snapped right onto the Chevy nipple for the actual shifter part. Really all I have to see is if the length is going to work. I’ll post pics when I install it all in a week or two

Also which pins did you keep on the firewall connector? And you plan in keeping the a/c working?

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,533 Posts
Nice work on everything so far, I'm going to be doing something very similar and I'm curious on what wiring you left on the Ford side of things. I'll be going X-Max 80E as well and using none of the factory stuff that controls the engine and whatnot, but that fuse block also contains a bit of hvac and other random bits. More info on that?

I also plan on mating the LS A/C to the Ford stuff with some custom hoses. Is that in your plans? I didn't see if there was factory A/C in there or not...

Reactions: Ktarv199

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Nice work on everything so far, I'm going to be doing something very similar and I'm curious on what wiring you left on the Ford side of things. I'll be going X-Max 80E as well and using none of the factory stuff that controls the engine and whatnot, but that fuse block also contains a bit of hvac and other random bits. More info on that?

I also plan on mating the LS A/C to the Ford stuff with some custom hoses. Is that in your plans? I didn't see if there was factory A/C in there or not...
Yes I plan on using the AC but just haven’t gotten there yet. I plan on using a Chevy ac pump and making the lines fit with the factory Ford stuff. As far as the factory Ford wiring... I deleted a lot. I pulled the whole engine/front clip wiring harness and traced all the things that I need like lights, wipers, horn, and so on. It’s actually not bad. I de-pinned a lot of the wiring running through the firewall for a cleaner look. The only thing I really used was I found a key on hot wire for the terminator computer and wired everything else separately to the battery. The Holley system uses minimal wires. So far the engine is turn key and the tranny is close to being in and will have to do a couple extra wiring for that. But it’s like brake peddle switches and miscellaneous like that. If you need me to put up a final pinnout up when I’m done I can do that to help anyone passing by looking for answers!

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,533 Posts
Yes I plan on using the AC but just haven’t gotten there yet. I plan on using a Chevy ac pump and making the lines fit with the factory Ford stuff. As far as the factory Ford wiring... I deleted a lot. I pulled the whole engine/front clip wiring harness and traced all the things that I need like lights, wipers, horn, and so on. It’s actually not bad. I de-pinned a lot of the wiring running through the firewall for a cleaner look. The only thing I really used was I found a key on hot wire for the terminator computer and wired everything else separately to the battery. The Holley system uses minimal wires. So far the engine is turn key and the tranny is close to being in and will have to do a couple extra wiring for that. But it’s like brake peddle switches and miscellaneous like that. If you need me to put up a final pinnout up when I’m done I can do that to help anyone passing by looking for answers!

A pinout would be awesome! I'm going to be starting my project real soon on here and it's going to be SPICY!

Reactions: Ktarv199

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
751 Posts
I’m sure people will either love or hate this build. It’s a 95 bronco that I’ve decided to swap an lq9 LS into! Figured I’d start a build thread and maybe I can help someone else down the road. This is my progress so far

Here’s the lq9 out of a 06 caddieee

Glad I opened it up

After lapping the heads and doing seals

TERMINATOR X MAX

And a little paint never hurt...

And that’s it so far. Tell me what y’all think!?

Nice job so far. I have a bbc in mine but it’s a gen 4.....a bit modified....should be a sweet ride when your done....and I get the whole affordability of the Chevy swap.....bbf would be nestled in my truck if it was more affordable....my next motor will be a 632....just haven’t decided if it’s getting nitrous or a blower yet....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Nice job so far. I have a bbc in mine but it’s a gen 4.....a bit modified....should be a sweet ride when your done....and I get the whole affordability of the Chevy swap.....bbf would be nestled in my truck if it was more affordable....my next motor will be a 632....just haven’t decided if it’s getting nitrous or a blower yet....
I agree. Ford was the way I was leaning and wanted something a little more modern (especially the computer system). Just wasn’t feeling dumping tons of money into the 351w for a little power or doing a coyote swap for a bunch more $$$. My plan is to have a mild powered motor that never breaks and have long travelled suspension that will beat side by sides haha. It’s going to be cheaper that’s for sure!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts