Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 95 FSB yesterday. Teal and white two tone. I am the 3rd owner. The previous owner replaced a lot of components like the alternator, starter, fuel pump, water pump, shocks ,steer stabilizers, ball joints and ignition. The driver seat is bad there's a cover on it. It currently sits on 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2s. It has a 6in lift. And a duel 45°out exhaust with a super 40 flow master. So far I'm very excited.

This is my first truck. I'm a car guy so this is going to be a new experience. Here's my 97 Subaru Legacy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good looking rig. Water test the top and tailgate seals. Check around the rain gutters above the doors for crack and unde the cowl (under the wipers) for cracks in the OEM body sealant. All of these area are prone to leak OREGONs "liquid sunshine " into the cab. When possible, check under the carpet and look for drill/screw hole from previous owner trying to mount speakers/amps. Also make sure all rubber grommets are there and in good shape.
I just spent this summer doing all of this and replaced all seals and weather stripping. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I'm more concerned with how your tires fit. It doesn't look like the body or bumper was trimmed in any way, so you may have problems with rubbing on the bumper or body. Actually, now that I look closer, the bumper does look like it was spaced out more forward than stock, so maybe the PO did that instead.

It also looks like the spare tire rack was removed at some point. Do you still have or want it? They're hard to find if you were to try and mount one up again.

Bad seat aren't much of a problem. I got a good set of seat covers from Coverking.com to cover up the seat tears, but if they're bad enough, and you have some mechanical inclination, you can swap in new seats easily, even seats from a completely different vehicle. Just make sure you save the mounting bracket on the old seats if you do take that road.

Otherwise, looks like you scored good. Hope to see more of this beauty around the forum.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,274 Posts
Welcome and looks good!
Where in Oregon are ya?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PO said he took the top off earlier this summer and replaced all the seals and weather striping.

Tires don't rub which is nice. I checked for that during the sale.

It came with the rack and a 35" spare. Bfg KM1. Mounted it up on day two painted the chrome wheel black.

I'll be starting up a build thread to document the journey. I told my self I want going to modify this rig. But its inevitable

I'm in Bend by the way.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,274 Posts
Sweet! I'll keep my eyes out for ya, I live just north of Lapine but work on the north end of Bend :thumbup

·
I ♥ TTB
4,274 Posts
Nice :thumbup

I think I saw ya the other day

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice! As BroncoTrio said, test for leaks! I waited for rain and discovered the hard (and smelly) way! took out the carpet and side panels, cleaned it our then ordered new top seals from LMC. New carpet comes next! Welcome to FSB!

·
I ♥ TTB
4,274 Posts
Definitely saw you today about noon, driving on 3rd in front of the ford dealership :thumbup Bronco looks good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts