Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the timing chain, drained the coolant and replaced it with just water to flush, replaced the rotor and cap. It starts up just fine, then after like 5-10 mins it just shuts down. then I can fire it up for like a minute, then it shuts off then for like 5 secs then it shuts off. I am thinking it is the spark as it just dies and can sometimes turn back on for a sec or two. I have tried two coils, one of which I have had problems with before but the other is from my sisters 95 which she blew up and I use for parts. I also tried her ignition modual (I think its what its called) Its under the servo for the throttle.
I have a P1100 error, which I believe is from me still having my exhaust disconnected. I also have a P1000 error, I do not know what this is from.

One more thing, I had to replace the fuel rail because a rodent ate the flexible part, I got one from a junkyard off of a 94 or 95 because I fouled up my sisters after trying to get it off. Upon taking off the fuel rail I also took it upon myself to replace the fuel injector O-rings and top manifold gasket. When I took off the fuel injectors I had fouled three of the catches for the o-rings, so I used 3 off of my sisters 95.

I am just trying to give you all the info I have at this point. I have read something about the P1000 could be related to a stuck thermostat, could this be causing no ignition? What are your thoughts. I loved this truck and it hasnt really run for 2 years. Its lifted 6" with 35" Micky Thompson Baja Claws that have barely been used. DAM RODENTS!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
P1100 -MAF Sensor Intermittent/ Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete
Component or System Description
The MAF sensor circuit is monitored by the PCM for sudden voltage (or air flow) input change through the comprehensive component monitor (CCM). If during the last 40 warm-up cycles in key ON, engine running the PCM detects a voltage (or air flow) change beyond the minimum or maximum calibrated limit, a continuous memory diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
was it running fine before you started working on it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh the air filter is not hooked up to it. I replaced the fuel filter as well. The wire are fairly new MGD. Only thing left would be plugs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cold means when the engine is not warm. when it has been sitting and you fire it up from there. Then when your engine WARMS up, gets to temp, that would be warmed up, running temp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The leak before I fixed the hole in the fuel rail. I also noticed today that when its about to dye if I advance the timing it comes back to life. or if I turn the timing back some then back to the correct spot it is ok for a few seconds. Could this be the spark plugs, as it has 75k miles and all are original.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
P1100 -MAF Sensor Intermittent/ Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete
Component or System Description
The MAF sensor circuit is monitored by the PCM for sudden voltage (or air flow) input change through the comprehensive component monitor (CCM). If during the last 40 warm-up cycles in key ON, engine running the PCM detects a voltage (or air flow) change beyond the minimum or maximum calibrated limit, a continuous memory diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored.
Oh the air filter is not hooked up to it. I replaced the fuel filter as well. The wire are fairly new MGD. Only thing left would be plugs.
You just nailed it on the head :twak, hook your air filter back up and I would bet it solves your problem. The 96 has OBDII which will barely run if the MAF is not registering. Mine does the same thing when i hit whoops and my MAF/filter fall off :doh0715: (one of these days I'll finally brace it)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is that MAF sensor the little thing that looks like a candle flame or the silver boxy thing at held in with screws. The reason I ask is that gray candle flame shaped thing has been falling off since I put my K&N intake kit on and it never made this happen.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
hook the air filter back up. :twak

it needs the MAF sensor to work correctly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I changed the plugs and put the MAF sensor back on, all seams back to normal. Thanks so much for the info guys. I would have been sitting there trying to figure out why it was still happening never thinking that the computer actually needed the MAF sensor to function.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Since you have a 96 w/OBDII I would recommend getting an OBDII code scanner too, mine has saved me many hours of frustration trying to trouble shoot and usually pin points most problems like you just had. The one I bought hooks to my laptop but they make stand alone models pretty cheap too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts