Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were working on my buddys bronco and putting new (to him) set of springs in it the rear of it. we cant seem to find the bushings for the front of the leafs. the ones napa lists are too small at 1-5/8s OD we need one thats 1-3/4" OD. is napa just retarded or what? we dont wana order it online in fear they may be too small also. the kid at napa looked through there whole bushing list and came up with nothing that fit the dimensions.

any ideas?

Dave

EDIT, i should mention these are factory springs and the ones that came out also have the same 1-3/4" spring eye

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its my truck were workin on and rockauto doesn't list the dimensions. I have all the other bushings I just need the front spring eye bushing so id like to avoid buying a whole set.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It looks like the Moog part number is SB344, you can get them from Advanced or O'Reilly Auto Parts:thumbup

·
Registered
65 Posts
have the same problem... Bump

·
Registered
65 Posts
how did you end up resolving the problem? I called the Bronco Graveyard and he was aware of this quirky problem... for future readers with this problem, we are NOT refering to the "common / un-common" bushings sold with or without the sleeve...

this is for the front eye bushing of the rear leaf ONLY...

the guy at Bronco GY said I must have a 95-96... he was right, I have a 95... and OP has a 96

aparently SOMETIMES a 95-96 will come with a front eye bushing with an OD of barely larer than 1.75, if I remember correctly it was 1.776 X 3"long with a 5/8" bolt hole(although the tech swears its a metric bolt and not 5/8ths, but the nearest equvalent)

NOBODY carrries this bushing, ford has it as obsolete... for now the only fix is to use Set No. 9.9488 on:
http://www.energysuspension.com/universal-products/link-flange-type-bushings-universal-mounts-isolators.html

buy 3 of those bushings and cut one up to use as spacers to make your two good bushings a total of 3" wide each...

Energy just told me over the phone that Bronco Graveyard just ordered these in bulk today... So hopefully this will be an easy solution for people in the future...

Hope this helps somebody in the future...

Hope I actually contributed something to this site! lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any other Poly options?

I just hit this same issue with my '96. Is this still the best option for someone switching to polyurethane? I know Prothane's shackle kit just leave a gap in the middle of the two bushings. Is that possible to do here as to not have to cut up a third one?

You guys all rock and thanks in advance for your responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts