Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will update with pics shortly, 56K BEWARE ( I see everyone put that but does anyone really have 56k anymore? LOL)

The goods

1996 ford Bronco XLT, 100k, 5.8L, E4OD, Leather, 3.55 Limited slip,
aftermarket stuff already added-Warn Manual hubs, K&N Replacement filter

Bought the Bronco in Seattle a few days ago. It is in great shape but can always be improved. LOL

I cannot wait to get started on this build thread, Have had a couple broncos in the past and will be keeping this one awhile! Oh ya the name, "NOHYBRD" means no Hybrid, thats what my license plate says!

STAGE 1-
Limo Tint-COMPLETED 6/1/2010
Paint Hardtop Gloss Black
6" BDS or DC stage 2 Lift
17" XD Hoss Gloss Black/Machined 8 lug wheels
5.5" to 8 lug adaptors
35" Toyo MTs
MSD Coil
MSD Cap & Rotor
FMS 9mm Wires
Royal Purple fluids in diifs, transfercase, tranny, engine, all filters changed also

Stage 2-
Regear to 4.56s
Complete Bassani Exhaust
Bronco Air front bumper with Grill Guard
Bronco Air Rear bump W/out tire carrier
Warn 12k winch
Redo Leather interior
New Head Unit w/ sirius, and MP3 jack
Sound deadanor under carpet

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
The 8 lug adapters/rims are dumb. You trying to make people think you're running big boy running gear?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 8 lug adapters/rims are dumb. You trying to make people think you're running big boy running gear?
nope, no need. The rim is only available in 8 lug.

Every 3/4 ton/ 1 ton truck with semi wheels has 10 lug adaptors. do people think they are running 5 ton and bigger running gear! NOpe:duh:histerica

Lets hear how dangerous adaptors are now..... once again LOL They are on thousands of vehicles everywhere!!! As long as you have proper adapters with lug length they are just fine.

Oh wait there is bearing wear... your telling me all these broncos with minimal offset and 12 and 14" wide rims dont have the same problems... yep, they sure do!!!! Which they rarely happen!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd buy different rims.
good, your not building my Bronco the last time I checked, and I dont like 20 yr old designed and outdated wheels that most run here. :goodfinge
I also dont like cheap steel wheels on something that wont be visiting rocks, hell even my rock vehicle got Walker Evans aluminum wheels

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
good, your not building my Bronco the last time I checked, and I dont like 20 yr old designed and outdated wheels that most run here. :goodfinge
I also dont like cheap steel wheels on something that wont be visiting rocks, hell even my rock vehicle got Walker Evans aluminum wheels
Walker makes 5 bolt rims, just not in those ricer style rims you want to use. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Walker makes 5 bolt rims, just not in those ricer style rims you want to use. :goodfinge
Not ricer, pretty bold wheel.... I could say 22" and not 17" :rofl:

Wa also thinking of this one!

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
nope your right, they are not ricer wheels, they are flat billers

:goodfinge

and wheel adapters are fine,

for a mall crawler.

:histerica

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope your right, they are not ricer wheels, they are flat billers

:goodfinge

and wheel adapters are fine,

for a mall crawler.

anytime you want to wheel ill grab the jeep, anytime you need help through an obstacle I will strap you up it. Oh, and the Jeep has 4 doors....It holds its own and then some! :histerica:goodfinge

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wait till you get a flat mall crawlin, then you'll learn how fun 8 lugs are! Instead of buying a $100 bling wheel and a $100 adapter, why not just get a really nice $200 per wheel set of 5 lug'rs?? KMC has some nice wheels for about $200 a wheel..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
anytime you want to wheel ill grab the jeep, anytime you need help through an obstacle I will strap you up it. Oh, and the Jeep has 4 doors....It holds its own and then some! :histerica:goodfinge
Why wouldn't you want to wheel the bronco? Afraid of breaking the adapter? :toothless

And as for helping Tim through an obsticale... I really don't see that happening.. (Except for that 1 mud pit run.. :toothlessis) His rig is built to go anywhere and do anything.. Hell he even pulled out a Super Duty from a mud pit.. :thumbup

Should research who you start taking stabs at..

But it's your rig.. Do to it what you want.. Who cares if people like it or not.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:histerica:histerica:histerica yup, your a bad ass..:doh0715:
you dish it out and cant take it?

Wait till you get a flat mall crawlin, then you'll learn how fun 8 lugs are! Instead of buying a $100 bling wheel and a $100 adapter, why not just get a really nice $200 per wheel set of 5 lug'rs?? KMC has some nice wheels for about $200 a wheel..
There is not a nice set of truck style KMCs that I have ever seen, Maybe your thinking in the XD line. Very few and far between of any good looking wheels for a 5.5 vehicle with very little offset.

Mall CRawlin? I dont know about you but I have a Powertank CO2 tank, air tools, and full toolbox for doing stuff like that in My bronco! hand tools? :histerica:doh0715:

Why wouldn't you want to wheel the bronco? Afraid of breaking the adapter? :toothless

And as for helping Tim through an obsticale... I really don't see that happening.. (Except for that 1 mud pit run.. :toothlessis) His rig is built to go anywhere and do anything.. Hell he even pulled out a Super Duty from a mud pit.. :thumbup

Should research who you start taking stabs at..

But it's your rig.. Do to it what you want.. Who cares if people like it or not.
Im not afraid to break an adapter, Bronco is not for wheeling aside form running to a quick hunting spot. I don't need a Bronco to go wheeling, I have other vehicles and quads!

It is just going to be a nice daily driver

I dont need to research anyone, I know what my jeep does and what "so called" serious wheeling machines can do. I have done every major trail in My Jeep from Johnson Valley to Moab. I wheeled everywhere! Its been down class 4-5 trails. MUD? thats not wheeling, thats mudding!!! :goodfinge:thumbup

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yes, trendy is ALWAYS better.

Not trying to be a dick, but talking shit about "most" when a couple of people were giving you crap.....wtf?
Who said anything about trendy? Its about what you like, I dont like old Turbine, 5 hole, 6 hole, Baja style rims.

It is obviously not trendy when they dont even make it for a Bronco that I am putting them on!!

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
MUD? thats not wheeling:histerica:rofl::histerica:rofl:Where all offroaders,Mud,Rocks,sand,snow

Its your truck build it we'll watch

1 - 20 of 50 Posts