Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Loose Steering Column Shifter, so I replaced front shft tube bushing NOT the back it was fine. Now I have a shift indicator issue its off to the right? Did I mess something....
shift bushing.jpg

·
Super Moderator
23,376 Posts
Yo Sturm,

Section 07-05: Transmission, Automatic, External Controls
1996 F-150, F-250, F-350 F-Super Duty and Bronco Workshop Manual​
ADJUSTMENTS
Shift Indicator Cable
  1. Remove the four screws from the lower steering column shroud. Remove the lower steering column shroud.
  1. Rotate gearshift lever (7210) clockwise until it bottoms out in first gear.
  1. Rotate gearshift lever counterclockwise three detents (overdrive position).
  1. Hang a three-pound weight on the gearshift lever.
  1. Center pointer in the middle of (D) if equipped with E4OD transmission, by rotating the thumbwheel located on right-hand side of steering column actuator housing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
On the right side of the steering column you’ll find a geared rotary wheel that is connected to a cable that goes under the steering column. The cable connects to your shifting indicator. Rotate the gear to move your indicator until the needle is over the P.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for the help, will do it this weekend...

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
Be very careful with the shift indicator tubing and adjusting wheel housing. It is very brittle and will break easily. Use kid gloves.....don't force anything.

Trust me, I know from experience....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts