Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

241 - 260 of 594 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Thanks, I actually tried to get my wife to take a video or at least a couple of pics while I was plowing our road during one of the blizzards we had....As you can see, I"ve posted no pics and I'm guessing I probably can't print here what she said to me when I asked her.......

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #242 (Edited)
Well, I finally got around to working on the Bronco again; the cut and turn and gears never happened this summer as I've been playing with the '57, hoping for next year.

Some of you may remember that I had a driveshaft angle issue after the shackle flip, as you can see below:

My solution was to remove the factory wedge:

...and the angle is much better now:

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
An added benefit is that it brought the rear down some, from this:

To this:

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
I also decided to finally putting in my clear lights while I was there.

Out with the old:

In with the new (even though the fit isn't the greatest):

I must say that @BigBlue94 was right, they do look much better:

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Is the "fit" on everybody else's lights poor like these, or did I just buy the wrong ones?

:duh

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #248

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I see your new lens's don't have a cone in front of the bulb. My crystal clear lens's came with cones and adjusting the passenger side made the whole lens stick out about 1/8". I'm running the brightest Sylvania bulbs available. Forgot the number. I wonder if I should take those cones out. But it would be a pain because the cone is held in by a screw inside the housing. How well do your lights work?

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
I switched over to the Sylvania Silver stars in the old lights and I must say they are by far better in these lenses. Overall I am very happy with them, it's my OCD that hates the fitment. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Silver Star and then Phillips makes one, too. I have those bulbs in all three of my vehicles and it makes a difference of day and night. I had a car with HID bulbs and they're comparable to the silver star bulbs

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
I have been thinking about my build, quite a bit lately and how I have been accused of being "too old school" and "living in the past", so today I decided to do something about it.
I have brought my truck up to a more modern look that will be more appealing to the "younger generation" and hopefully more "in tune" with what is being done to vehicles these days!

:goodfinge

·
Premium Member
35,181 Posts
you makin' fun of my 6" lift on 33" tires? :goodfinge

screw them young'uns. that rigs completely bad-ass and the fact you repeatedly and successfully use it to plow big snow with... flies in the face of everything I thought I knew before about plowing w/a TTB FSB.

Speaking of which... you gettin' ready for another plow season?

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Yeah, just getting her ready to get an inspection sticker. Never really was able to do the cut-n-turn this year, hopefully next year. After I get a sticker, I'll throw the 37's on it and start getting her ready for the white $hit.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,070 Posts
Joe, you old fogey, you know the kids these days only lift the front of their truck... you need to take the lift outta the rear and you'll be as cool as the other side of the pillow :rofl:

Love that the mudders don't fit on the lift completely.

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #258 (Edited)
Joe, you old fogey, you know the kids these days only lift the front of their truck... you need to take the lift outta the rear and you'll be as cool as the other side of the pillow :rofl:

Love that the mudders don't fit on the lift completely.

If I widen the lift for the Mudders, nothing else fits on; look at it with the stock tires, they are barely on the inside of the lift, lol.

:ford

·
Premium Member
35,181 Posts
I have been thinking about my build, quite a bit lately and how I have been accused of being "too old school" and "living in the past", so today I decided to do something about it.
Kinda reminds me of trying to get some paint quotes for my moon visor. 2 different body shops not only tried to discourage me from installing one at all but both also said they haven't worked on any of those since the 90's. I answered... well, it's a '95 truck and I'm old. I was thinkin'... "If I want you're opinion, I'll unbutton my button fly jeans!"

I'd rant on more about it but don't want to hijack. Like I said though... screw them young'uns!

·
Registered
104 Posts
First off Amazing truck. Just went through this whole thread. I am 42 and remember when this was what everyone had. All of the pics of your Broncos are great. Thanks for sharing.

241 - 260 of 594 Posts