Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from Las Vegas where the sun is rising, the birds are singing, and the Bronco's don't rust.

My Bronco was part of the cruise control recall, which was completed, and it still doesn't work!
I have gone through all the threads on FSB dealing with the cruise but they seem to mix up the years. Or at least they mix me up.

Cruise doesn't work is there supposed to be a light to tell that the cruise control is on?
I removed the airbag and found no power to the cruise on button whether she is turned on or not.
Everything else, the horn and blinkers work:beer but not the cruise.

It has been looked at by multiple people but no one seems to know why the cruise won't work.
Getting ready to take her on a long driving vacation and I am hoping someone here can help.

By the way, everything you all said about my baby is true. Fun, reliable, climbs mountains in 2wd, and is just DAMN SEXY!
Taking her top off soon.:goodfinge

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had my recall done also only to have it recalled again. Check with Ford and see if you have another recall on yours. If so take it have it done and then have them make sure it is working properly. I still need to get the 2nd recall done. What ever the fix was it was not a good fix. They are still sending out notices.

·
Super Moderator
26,323 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
My brake light started to come on and randomly at first then just all the time. Well figured out whenever it was on cruise control didn't work. Mind had a little connector to the emergency brake I unplugged that the brake light went off and cruise control works. I've had no adverse affects as of yet from unplugging it I pretty sure its just the dummy light now i just have to remember to disengage the E brake.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help.

Hey Miesk5
I checked that trouble shooting chart and I am still confused. I am going to address it bullet by bullet.

The diagnostic says to check voltage between pin 5 and pin 10-and it is okay on my Bronco.
Then it says to ohm between pin 5 and 6-she is reading less than 1 ohm with off the press-and that is good.
I have 114 to 126 ohms with coast depressed-and that is also good.
However the next two, the accel and resume buttons have no ohms-and that is obviously bad.

The next step is good, pin 7 to 10.
The voltage between pin 9 and 10 reads no voltage-that is bad. On the same bullet, I have no voltage between 10 of the activator switch and the chassis ground; and circuit 636 is open between the activator switch and servo connector, the diagnostic says this is also bad.
The next bullet says "with no brakes applied" it has NO power between pin 4 and pin 10. (I pushed the brake during this test and the brake had power) Pin 4 to pin 10 had 39 ohms, supposed to be less than 10.
The diagnostic doesn't say what to do about some of these situations.

Please help, thank you very much, in advance.

·
Super Moderator
26,323 Posts
ok... I have to rush this reply, sorry;
look in left panel for "Possible Causes"

so;
"...the accel and resume buttons have no ohms-and that is obviously bad..." Possible Cause is; open ckt to Speed Control Sw Assy

---
"...voltage between pin 9 and 10 reads no voltage-that is bad..." Possible Cause is; open ckt or inop deact sw

no voltage between 10 of the activator switch and the chassis ground; Possible Cause is; ck that ckt 636 is not open between deact sw & servo conns. etc..

"...NO power between pin 4 and pin 10. (I pushed the brake during this test and the brake had power)..." Possible Cause is; replace brake switch

"...Pin 4 to pin 10 had 39 ohms, supposed to be less than 10..." as for your ohm readings, if using an analog meter; was it adjusted to 0 ohms when shorting leads together before testing on da scale you used? If a diggie meter; is it accurate? I was in charge of a Navy Instrument Shop once and we saw all kinds of "bad" meters come in; most had bad leads (cruddy, burnt tips, etc.) or analog meters had bad batteries and so on.

Wiring Diagram by Steve83 is @ http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/322459_1

·
Super Moderator
26,323 Posts
yo, did you have the complete recall done?
This includes; Recall Update; Field Service Action 05S28 Speed Control System Modification Supplement #7 for 94-96 Bronco, 94-02 F-150/250 (Under 8500 GVW), 97- 02 Expedition, 98-02 Navigator, 02 Blackwood
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/505128_1

This yaks about da servo conn (connector, sorry for da abbreviations, was late this morning) being heat damaged
and; "replacement of the speed control deactivation switch" hmmmmm? see my reply above..

·
Super Moderator
26,323 Posts
someone beat me to it but there is a fire hazard recall on the cruise control, have fix it for free. need to get mine done, found it while searching my vin and doing an autocheck to see if she has been in a wreck, thankfully my truck has a beautiful history.
yo, Good buy!

Get that recall work done asap; someone else here in FSB had a fire due to the sw very recently.:thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts