Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figuer out fuel pump problem. trying to replace the relay but the underhood power distribution box doesnt show which relay and fuse are for the fuel pump. says check owners manual which i dont have. any help which fuse and relay go to fuel pump? its a 96 BKO EB

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
Are you gonna try the FP relay swap w/Horn Relay to see if the FP relay is messed up?

Also ck relay Socket for corrosion

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
yo,
There are other tests you can do before replacing the pump;
Ck Voltage at @ pump connector; inspect conn for corrosion, etc.; if no good then go back to ck V @:
EEC and FP relays,
inertia switch behind passenger kick panel (Location pic in 92-96; as Steve83 pointed-out, "...The module I MIS-labelled as "Airbag" is actually the Wiper Control Module (WCM). The Airbag Diagnostic Module (ADM) is light blue, wrapped in black foam, above the gas pedal..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net )

ck ground on top of rear crossmember
--

if it is da pump consider a Cut-out in cargo area floor pan; some fab Links in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=616

·
Man of endless projects
9,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the truck died in the highway but took awhile to actually completly die. when accelerating at a light it had almost no power and couldnt go above 3k so as i was pulling over it got worse untill it died soon as i parked it. cause i didnt hit even a bump i wouldnt of thought it would be the inertia switch. also this morning when i tried it the truck started fine but afer a 2 minute test it died

anyways i replaced the pump and now its all good and runs great again. however i dont think ill ever replace another fuel pump on a bko again due to the tank guard thing being almsot impossible to get off.....

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
yo,
ok
I hear ya, and that's why I like the floor pan cut-out method. btw, Range Rovers had em

1 - 8 of 8 Posts