Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, you'll have to forgive me cause Im sure the answere to my question is somewhere in the thousands of posts on here, but I've searched and searched with no luck. My eyes are blood-shot, my fingers hurt and I cant take it anymore:banghead . I have a 96 EB with a 5.8. I want to purchase a Bassani Y pipe. The listing is for "y pipe with cats" or "y pipe without cats" Does this mean that the one with cats has two cats? I know that sounds like a stupid question but Sixlitre mentioned that I might only need one 3stage cat. Im confused. I just want a good y pipe, with one cat or two, that wont affect the OBD 2 computer or throw a check engine light.
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
umm i'm pretty sure my 96 only has 1 cat with the 5.8L dont know if that is something the previous owner changed..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve83 said:
Why not ask Bassani? :rolleyes: You definitely need the cat - doesn't really matter if it's 1 or 2, as long as the pipe is a direct-replacement. OE used 2.
Im offshore working and wont be back home for a while. No phone. I emailed Bassani with my questions but I havent heard back yet.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i think the truck had two on it stock. i don't know if the rules change between states on location of the cat, but in ohio no one would work from the cat back to the engine, only cat out the end of the truck. apparently it is also against the law from an exhaust shop to run pipes up to the headers on the truck, as it would require changing factory emissions. it took me a long time to find someone who would bend up the pipes for me on my truck, i think at the end of the day, running 3 inch stainless off the headers, 1 pipe for each header all the way through the truck, i had almost a thousand into it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i would love to know the answer to this post as well, from what i have read on bassanis web site the y pipe for the 96 5.8 are for "offraod use only" in california someone please correct me if i'm wrong because i would like to get them for my bronco too.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
drinkbrew said:
i would love to know the answer to this post as well, from what i have read on bassanis web site the y pipe for the 96 5.8 are for "offraod use only" in california someone please correct me if i'm wrong because i would like to get them for my bronco too.
yea i noticed the same. Does that mean us Californians are stuck with our stock Y-pipes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts