Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pics of my current build progess.

Current Specs:
1996 Ford Bronco
4 inch RC lift
35x12.5x15

Bodywork: Fall '09

Just before lift

Lift Installation

After lift

Lift with 31's

$150 set of 35's

And Finally current pics

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Bronco's Lookin Goood! Before you paint it make sure you clean out the seam between the door and the cap and reseam it. mine's cracked up and I am thinking there is some water getting inside during real heavy down pours. also another spot it's possible is above the window rail

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright i'll definitly do that! I am only 14 right now so I have 2 years until my license so I am more worried about doing right the first time then rushing through it just to get it done. I figure by the time its done and by the time I get my license I'll have one of the nicest cars at school.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,851 Posts
Alright i'll definitly do that! I am only 14 right now so I have 2 years until my license so I am more worried about doing right the first time then rushing through it just to get it done. I figure by the time its done and by the time I get my license I'll have one of the nicest cars at school.
:thumbup good deal, its never to early to learn how to do your own bodywork/auto repair. I just wish I could get my son interested in it.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I cant see the pics :cry

But at 14, I think you are on the right track. First off you are learning to do the work yourself so thats huge when something goes wrong. Ive been on this site for a year or so now and I can pretty much tell you whats wrong with something as it happens. Kinda nice, and the guys on here are awesome. Redwagon, Spectre, and there are too many others to name but as long as you post wisely and listen to the advice given you cant go wrong. Ill check the pics out on my home computer once I am there

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbup good deal, its never to early to learn how to do your own bodywork/auto repair. I just wish I could get my son interested in it.
Yeah i've been doing hands on stuff like working on cars, carpentry, and what not since I was just a little kid. Alot of people questioned my parents for letting me weld and build things and pretty much do whatever I want (within limits) but i think I know tons more about this stuff then 90% of kids my age do. I've had this bronco since I was 12 and bought it from my Dad's friend. It's come a long way in 2 years and in 2 more years (when I get my license) it should be mint.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
lookin good dude. thats gona kill you staring at that thing for 2 years! i cant belive those are 35s, they look at big as my 33s

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
If you're going to repaint black, I recomend John Deere Blitz Black paint, It's your most cost efficient way of going back to black.

I also think ditching those Auto locking hubs are in order as well. Look around for deals where you can, there's no shame in buying used parts from anyone! Another neat thing you can do... Find a set of F150 Lightning (351) headers. These should sell for around $100 and are a great performance value over the stock manifolds for the price.

You're on the right track for sure, but there's a lot more than a lift and body work to restoring a bronco. Make sure your E4OD is in good shape, I recomend adding a Remote-Filter, and a larger trans cooler. Bypass the connections from the radiator and just run a larger cooler. Also consider a deeper pan. The downside to these modifications is that the greater Fluid Capacity = More money spent on fluid.

Take care of your truck and you won't have a hard time with that 8.8 Rear end.

Looking good, keep it going!

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
Great work for 15 or any age:thumbup

On the rear blocks,doesn't the stock block go on the axle?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lookin good dude. thats gona kill you staring at that thing for 2 years! i cant belive those are 35s, they look at big as my 33s
Yeah that's because the 35's only have 1/4ish tread. I don't really have to worry about passing inspection for 2 years. They only costed me $150 and I only expect them to be able roll around until I get closer to getting my license.

norfolkff05: i think its cool you're starting young, it'll sure make you appreciate your rig a lot more too since you're doing all the work. good luck with the build, keep us updated!
Thanks. My Dad says that if I put alot of time and work into the bronco I'll be less likely to do stupid stuff in it when I get my license

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, got bored today so I thought I would take the bronco out on my old motocross track in my yard just to mess around. My time got cut short because I had to go out to dinner but I managed to snap a pic of some minor flex.

Looks like the one of the next things I do will be to get a new power steering pump. I kinda new I needed one seeing as it has been leaking fluid.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would also recommend blitz black. I just did it to my truck.
$83 for a gallon of paint, gallon of primer, and a gallon of thinner. I still have 3/4 of the primer left, and 1/2 the paint.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Looks good and yes with you doing the work yourself it will make you less likely to be dumb about what yuou do to it and what you do with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys and asbout the paint... I highly doubt that I will end up painting it john deere blitz black. My dad has a specific paint guy that he buys all of his paint stuff from. It is all very high quality dupont paint. We painted our old El Camino with his paint and it looked mint and held up great.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After lift

whats the black stuff on your frame you put on there?

and whatd you do for prep/application?

is it to stop the rust?
and for it too look nice? :beer

thanks
-Zack

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just used like 5 coats of rattle can rustoleum. I used a needle scaler to prep. it and it came out pretty nice.
Oh okay thanks..it does look pretty nice.
you mind me asking how much you used/how much it was a can?

Thanks
-Zack

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 54 Posts